Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Siri not talking

I just upgraded my old iphone 4s to a 6. On my old phone, if I told Siri to shuffle music, she would say (out loud) "playing all songs, shuffled". Likewise, if music was playing (from my Itunes) I could ask "what album is this from?" and get a spoken answer. Now if i tell it to shuffle music I get a written message saying "playing all songs" and I have to hit the "open music" button that she displays. She speaks fine when I ask if it's gonna rain or where the closest pizza place is but she doesn't want to talk about music...and that sucks because I'm usually driving when I ask about songs. Is there some setting that I've overlooked?
    iMore Genius

20,832 Posts

Default Re: Siri not talking

Settings...general...Siri...Voice Feedback... What's it set to?
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

It's set to "always". As I said, it seems to work fine in all other respects (so far)...it just seems to be question around music that it responds in text to
    iMore Newbie

12 Posts

I know is kind of stupid, but have you check the volume?