Does Siri sound more nasal on the 5S?

RayHollister

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or does Siri sound like she has a head cold? I upgraded from an iPhone 4S on iOS 7 to the iPhone 5S, and she sounds a lot more nasal on the iPhone 5S. Has anyone else noticed this? Does something about the design 5/5S change the timbre of her voice?

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the iPhone 5s speaker seems to be a bit more...crisp? So that may be the reason why.

On my iPhone 5, she sounded like she had caught the bird flu while she was in China. The same went for many ringtones that sounded a bit muffled, whereas the iPhone 5s they sounded clearer.

Siri, go to sleep, you're drunk! Lol

Iosnation

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me, or does Siri sound like she has a head cold? I upgraded from an iPhone 4S on iOS 7 to the iPhone 5S, and she sounds a lot more nasal on the iPhone 5S. Has anyone else noticed this? Does something about the design 5/5S change the timbre of her voice?
That happens on every iDevice when you haven't used Siri for a long time. Same thing happened on my iPad when I had to restore to iOS 6.1.3, and when installing iOS 7. Also, Dad started using Siri on his iPhone 4S when he was on iOS 5. Siri sounded that way, so did it after installing iOS 6 and iOS 7. Like I said, if you have only used Siri a few times, it will sound like what it sounded to you. Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

I was fine with the old voice. I hate the new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234