Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Default how to use siri with location reminders

How do i set up location based reminders using SIRI ? i have tried to do this ? if i use Google maps and drop a pin on the address and then add it to my contacts and name it like walmart, then i tell siri to set up the reminder i will say something like <remind me to get shampoo < when i arrive at walmart< < but siri will say "i don't know what you mean by walmart " > so what am i doing wrong ? how do i get siri to recognize the places i add to my contacts weather its a business or a persons location and or address, so siri can remind me when i set it up?

I have added the places and stores i go to the most often into my contacts some manually and some but searching them in yellow pages app and adding the contact to my contacts through yellow pages, but siri just can not seem to make the connection. i even edited one store as my Kroger store and then did the reminder as <siri<remind me to get ice when i leave my Kroger store< but the same thing happened, <siri can not recognize the location<

sorry i took so long explaining everything,
    any help would be great

thanks
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: how to use siri with location reminders

check this link out:
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: how to use siri with location reminders

Instead of inserting the store name inside other context (ie the Kroger store), just use the store name the same as you would if you were referring to an actual contact. "Remind me to get ice when I get to Kroger."