Help with Siri sending iMessage
I'm trying to send an iMessage to someone who has an iPad on IOS 6.0 and that I know the email they use for iMessaging. If I manually send a message by picking the email as the send to address it works fine. If I have Siri send the iMessage she picks the mobile phone number as the send to address and the message fails. Is there any way to force Siri to send the iMessage to the email address and not the mobile phone number? Thanks for your help.
- 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM #2
Re: Help with Siri sending iMessage
When telling Siri to text, also include the label name. For example, if your contact is named Jim, and his phone number is labeled as "iPhone," and his email is labeled as "home," say "Text Jim at home." That should select his email address as the destination. To text him at his iPhone, say "Text Jim at iPhone." If both the phone number and email have the same label.... rename one of them.
- 11-03-2012, 07:16 PM #3
- By madmom in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 09-26-2012, 12:18 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 5Last Post: 05-22-2012, 02:05 AM
- By Marlin1970 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 04-27-2012, 06:03 AM
- By jaydee15 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 10Last Post: 10-29-2011, 05:22 PM
- By scormodo in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 03-29-2011, 02:57 PM