Help with Siri sending iMessage

jwjohnson#AC

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to send an iMessage to someone who has an iPad on IOS 6.0 and that I know the email they use for iMessaging. If I manually send a message by picking the email as the send to address it works fine. If I have Siri send the iMessage she picks the mobile phone number as the send to address and the message fails. Is there any way to force Siri to send the iMessage to the email address and not the mobile phone number? Thanks for your help.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
When telling Siri to text, also include the label name. For example, if your contact is named Jim, and his phone number is labeled as "iPhone," and his email is labeled as "home," say "Text Jim at home." That should select his email address as the destination. To text him at his iPhone, say "Text Jim at iPhone." If both the phone number and email have the same label.... rename one of them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what Roo stated, you can also say something like, "iMessage Jim" or whatever your friend's name as it is listed in your contact list and it should work for you.