Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Siri & Location based reminders

If you tell Siri "remind me to take out the trash when I get home" she will create a reminder that gets triggered when your geolocation = the home address entered in your contact record.

However, when I manually create a reminder there is no option for location based reminders? Is this a Siri specific function?

Global Posts
    19,260 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iArmen View Post
    If you tell Siri "remind me to take out the trash when I get home" she will create a reminder that gets triggered when your geolocation = the home address entered in your contact record.

However, when I manually create a reminder there is no option for location based reminders? Is this a Siri specific function?
    No, it is NOT Siri based and yes, there is an option for location based reminders in the Reminder app.

1. Type in your reminder and hit enter.
    2. Tap on your reminder and then select "Remind me".
    3. Turn on "At a location"
    4. Your current location will be the default, however, if you click on the address already displayed, you will see the option "Choose Address".
    5. Select from your contact list. If the location you want to use isn't in your contact list, add it there, if you'd like. Anyway, I hope I was helpful to you. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)