Siri ad that didn't make sense

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So in this ad,

Apple - iPhone - Videos

He says to find the email "with the naughty or nice list" ... then Siri comes back with, "New message," then reads the message. So, if the real Siri can only read incoming text messages, why did the commercial show it as if she was reading back the email? :confused:

Last edited:

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Siri but this is what I make of the commercial...
It seems like they are snippets of what Siri can do. He asks her to find the email which in my mind she doesn't complete. Instead, an incoming sms comes from Mrs. Klaus...
I only watched it once, but that's what I understood to be going on...

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It's out of line with the rest of the commercial. I mean, he asks what the temperature is in several different places, you hear that beep. And the response.

So why would they have him ask a question, with the question beep, in which he gets no answer, and immediately then, play a response beep to a question we didn't hear him ask?

They wanted us to think that Siri could read emails. But it can't.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you mean now. I don't have Siri so really don't know the beep answer or whatever you are talking about.
In my mind, I always get sms's or interrupted when I am doing something else. That is what I thought. I haven't seen the other vids.

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a TV commercial, made to draw attention and, in this case, have witty and relevant content.

It would seem you're getting too far into this, like when you see car commercials for cars that are front wheel drive doing massive drifts for the eye candy factor...you'll never get your Kia to do the same in real life without creating massive flat spots where you've pulled the e-brake up and destroyed the rear tires, but alas, its a commercial meant to draw your attention, and it works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner