Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,219 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I still find it hilarious that someone would feel the need to "disable" Siri, it'd be like someone removing their cruise control system on their car because they didn't use it and didn't like the fact that it illuminated "Cruise" on their dash board...overkill and pointless are words that come to mind for the drama a certain individual has put into his/her distaste for Siri...especially since they spammed this sub-forum with a thousand different threads.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    kch50428 likes this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #77  
    Banned

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I still find it hilarious that someone would feel the need to "disable" Siri, it'd be like someone removing their cruise control system on their car because they didn't use it and didn't like the fact that it illuminated "Cruise" on their dash board...overkill and pointless are words that come to mind for the drama a certain individual has put into his/her distaste for Siri...especially since they spammed this sub-forum with a thousand different threads.
    Who is going to continue to use beta software? I've had my beta-test, and now I'm finished. Siri is not a fully featured service, it's a demo. I figured I could continue to use it and keep asking the same questions and getting the same answers and running into the same problems or I could do what most people have done. Shut it down.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,219 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Drama queen.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I certainly understand the angst that people have toward Siri- especially since they've hyped it like the second coming of Christ. Apple has given us amazing products that just plain work and when you get one that doesn't, people are outraged. I for one think that Siri is useful for setting a timer or an alarm clock but I've yet to find it useful for much more. Asked it today for a list of Urgent Care Clinics in my area and it pulled up restaurants. Asked it for a specific one and it said it didn't exist, yet it's in the phone book and has been for some time. Sad thing is, my buddy pulled it right up on his android device in one try.

No need to disable, just don't expect it to work as advertised.
    "People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks...- Brick Tamland"
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234