I'm putting Siri on hiatus

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
please feel free to cease ranting about it...

OK. I'll just leave you with this.

347iowj.png

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
An artificial intelligence that mimics the cognitive thinking abilities of a human is what we were supposed to get. And that's what we must get in order for Siri to be successful.

I could say 'play a song by Yu' But Siri doesn't have the cognitive ability to know that I didn't say you, I said Yu. And if You doesn't show up in my list, then it should look for something that sounds similar to what I said.

As well as why it doesn't understand some artist's names, like Hokaido, or Chiyo. You could ask any reasonable person to find that name in a list just by hearing it.

But Siri is too simple. Like a baby. And I'm tired of talking down to it; trying to make it easy for her. I'm not putting up with it anymore.

So your idea is that the technology should essentially run before it can crawl?

Cellular phones took nearly a decade before they were able to mimic what we expect our computers to do for us on a base line. Siri has progressed to an amazing digital assistant in less than a year of wide public use as a native app...let's do the math here, 10 years to get a phone to what most of us consider "Smart", less than 1 year to get an App to the level of Siri.

Your argument continues to run itself into the ground. But feel free to stop using Siri, in fact, migrate to another phone that doesn't offer Siri and enjoy your experience...lol.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
And to think this entire ridiculous thread could have been avoided had you just done that without the need to scream to the masses that you did.

I was this close to doing it. Now, I did it. I liked it but I, just could not take it any more.

I won't miss it. Siri was redundancy.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a old Motorola KRZR that had voice dial. It worked well.
I bought a Palm Pre+ (which got voicedial via an update). It worked very well.
I switched to WindowsPhone. Voice dial worked perfectly. Never failed to call the correct person. Not once.
Now I have a 4S and Siri can't even make a simple call using voice dial. (I don't have an accent, either.) By the time I've convinced that stupid B to call the right person, I'm already home. F her.

P.S. Other than that, I really like my 4S. I just want reliable voice dial for hands-free operation when driving.

Reactions: ModeratorOMD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I still find it hilarious that someone would feel the need to "disable" Siri, it'd be like someone removing their cruise control system on their car because they didn't use it and didn't like the fact that it illuminated "Cruise" on their dash board...overkill and pointless are words that come to mind for the drama a certain individual has put into his/her distaste for Siri...especially since they spammed this sub-forum with a thousand different threads.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I still find it hilarious that someone would feel the need to "disable" Siri, it'd be like someone removing their cruise control system on their car because they didn't use it and didn't like the fact that it illuminated "Cruise" on their dash board...overkill and pointless are words that come to mind for the drama a certain individual has put into his/her distaste for Siri...especially since they spammed this sub-forum with a thousand different threads.

Who is going to continue to use beta software? I've had my beta-test, and now I'm finished. Siri is not a fully featured service, it's a demo. I figured I could continue to use it and keep asking the same questions and getting the same answers and running into the same problems or I could do what most people have done. Shut it down.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I certainly understand the angst that people have toward Siri- especially since they've hyped it like the second coming of Christ. Apple has given us amazing products that just plain work and when you get one that doesn't, people are outraged. I for one think that Siri is useful for setting a timer or an alarm clock but I've yet to find it useful for much more. Asked it today for a list of Urgent Care Clinics in my area and it pulled up restaurants. Asked it for a specific one and it said it didn't exist, yet it's in the phone book and has been for some time. Sad thing is, my buddy pulled it right up on his android device in one try.

No need to disable, just don't expect it to work as advertised.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234