Why can't Siri find Legoland or Disneyland

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I mean really... when you ask Siri to find Disneyland, she can't.. It's a world-recognized theme park and Siri can't find it? pitiful.. even for a beta program...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine finds it fine .. I said where is Disneyland .. Find Disneyland .. Both worked

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine can't find them either....although I don't really care. They're easy enough to find if need be without having to use Siri.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried Disneyland and she told me that she can't look for places in my country...

So be grateful location functionality at all. :)

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The key words:

• "Disney World theme park"
  • "Universal Studios theme park"

will prompt Siri to find theme parks fairly close to you.

The key words:

• "Disney World"
  • "Universal Studios"

will prompt Siri to find travel agents and recording studios fairly close to you.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am a season pass holder to Disneyland even though I live in NV. We stayed at a hotel in Buena Park and asked Siri to map out directions to Disneyland. Gave me a map with a distance of 6 miles. It will find it but I'm sure if your too far away, it wont recognize it.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Siri's not actually dumb. You just don't know how to use it.

Siri will, in fact, direct anyone to Disney World.

Here's how:

Siri, find theme parks in Florida.

(Since Disney World is not one central location, Siri finds all of the amusement parts as separate hubs. Like Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.)

Siri, directions.

(That prompts Siri to direct you to the place you've chosen.)

But just asking randomly will make her try to fit the information to everything around you.

Siri's actually pretty clever, and wouldn't get such a bad rap if people actually knew how to use it.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just told Siri to find Disney World and it located it easily.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

I asked Siri "Find Disney World."

Siri: I couln't find any places matching "disney world."

Me: "where is Legoland California?" - since there are more than one.

Siri "I didn't find any places matching "Legoland California."

Me: "Find Theme Parks in California"
Siri then listed a lot of theme parks in California, including "Disneyland Resort."

So me: "Find Disneyland Resort"
Siri: "I didn't find any places matching "Disneyland Resort."

Ummmm.. ok....

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I asked Siri "Find Disney World."

Siri: I couln't find any places matching "disney world."

Me: "where is Legoland California?" - since there are more than one.

Siri "I didn't find any places matching "Legoland California."

I don't know what to tell you. I was in Orlando when I asked Siri that question and it found Disney World with ease.

UPDATE: I'm currently in North Carolina and Siri could not locate Disney so I asked in a different manner: Siri, is Walt Disney World in Florida?" Siri found 15 references of Walt Disney World and all of them were correct including the resort itself.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I was in Orlando when I asked Siri that question and it found Disney World with ease.

UPDATE: I'm currently in North Carolina and Siri could not locate Disney so I asked in a different manner: Siri, is Walt Disney World in Florida?" Siri found 15 references of Walt Disney World and all of them were correct including the resort itself.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

That's funny.. I guess that defeats the purpose of asking Siri to find something if you already know where it is..

I asked Siri "Search the Internet for Legoland" and she brought up several web pages, Legoland being the first... same thing for "search the internet for disneyland."

Guess it's all about how you ask Siri the question...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's funny.. I guess that defeats the purpose of asking Siri to find something if you already know where it is..

I asked Siri "Search the Internet for Legoland" and she brought up several web pages, Legoland being the first... same thing for "search the internet for disneyland."

Guess it's all about how you ask Siri the question...

My guess is that it gives results based the user's current location. All I know is that when I was in Orlando, Siri found Walt Disney World with ease but here in NC, it didn't until I altered my request in the manner stated in my previous reply. Still, as I've stated on numerous occasions, Siri isn't perfect and it isn't i-Robot or K.I.T.T.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine finds Disneyland just fine. I asked "where is Disneyland" and up came the results.

The problem is people don't know what Siri is designed to do and don't ask questions well. Asking where is something is a regional search so you're not going to get results if you're not close to something. Ask "where is starbucks" and you should get the starbucks near you or anything listed with starbuck in the name. Ask "where is the great wall of china" and it will tell you it can't search in china. If you're in Hawaii and ask "Where is Madison Square Garden" you're not getting results in Manhattan. And it's not gonna read your mind. Like if you try to find the staples center in downtown L.A. your gonna get a bunch of Staples stores too. I'm sure the same goes for if you look up The Target Arena in MN.

Do this. Ask siri "What can you do?" Siri will display a list. Then only do the things that are on the list. See where it says "Search the web for Bora Bora" Well the easiest way to find Disneyland is to say "Search the web for disneyland." Up pops a websearch with map for disneyland. Works for the other things i mentioned too. But for the most part for me Siri works find but i don't ask it to do more then what's listed And i give it pretty precise commands like "Text Bob"

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
what i'd really like is siri to have access to a navigation program so i can gps to any address. kinda like you can with android. Not just with maps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR