Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Cool New siri port for ios5.1 and ios5.0.1 called spite

    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP3mK7H_Mhk[/YT]

    follow instructions in the video, this only works if your jailbroken! do not use siriport.ru as it messes up your jb after uninstalling and does not work at all, this is as fast as the one on iphone 4s and works with the proxy
  2. #2  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Hi,

    When I go into the repo Spite isn't there?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    Hi,

    When I go into the repo Spite isn't there?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    when you open cydia go to sources and add

    then click the source that you added it comes up
  4. #4  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siriphone View Post


    follow instructions in the video, this only works if your jailbroken! do not use siriport.ru as it messes up your jb after uninstalling and does not work at all, this is as fast as the one on iphone 4s and works with the proxy
    The only thing that concernes me with this is in that video, it shows the phone to be working on a 4G network. So doesn't that mean its a 4S.

    Has anyone else tried this? I'm worried that if I install it, it is going to mess my phone up like siriport.ru did to others????
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    The only thing that concernes me with this is in that video, it shows the phone to be working on a 4G network. So doesn't that mean its a 4S.

    Has anyone else tried this? I'm worried that if I install it, it is going to mess my phone up like siriport.ru did to others????
    haha the 4g network is a tweak which you could get on springboard, i done siriport as well uninstall it and f***** my phone, had to restore, this one will not mess up your phone try it and see for yourself
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    i trick people thinking its a 4s btw you cant have 4g network in the UK
  7. #7  
    iDonev's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default

    Is there a noticeable performance difference between Spire and Spite?
  8. #8  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siriphone View Post
    haha the 4g network is a tweak which you could get on springboard, i done siriport as well uninstall it and f***** my phone, had to restore, this one will not mess up your phone try it and see for yourself
    Ok buddy, I'll take your word on this as you speak from expirence and that's what In looking for. I'll give it a go, and I'll feedback here.

    Fingers crossed!!
  9. #9  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    I installed and when my phone went to re boot it hangs with the boot logo, like it's a tethered jailbreak. I was running 5.0.1 perfect! So I tried using redsn0w to just boot and it booted. That was using version b5, because when I tried b6, it thought my phone was a 4s and it's a 4!! So I'm not impressed, I'm going to try and un-install and hope my phone goes back to normal. Siri is in my settings menu now, but after this I don't even want to try and set the rest up!!
    Last edited by 1982ollie; 04-20-2012 at 07:15 AM.
  10. #10  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Right my phone re boots property after un installing, but now I have a constant purple location service arrow in my staus bar! Ive checked all the indidual location service toggles and they are all how they should be. Man, I wished I didn't try installing this!!

    Anyone got any ideas about my location services??
  11. #11  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Yep, this has messed up my location services when I installed it - Everyone stay away from this!!

    I have worked out my I have a content purple location arrow. If I go to time settings and take off set automatically. It goes away, but this wasn't like this before.

    Under location settings, then in the system services it has moved two of them out of system services into the main part of location services. So because setting the time automatically always uses your location, that is why i have the constant purple location arrow all the time because it is normally in the system services part (where there should be 5, now there is 3) and below is a toggle switch which is set to off so that when system services are using your location, the arrow doesn't come up otherwise it would be constantly on for setting the time. What ever it has messed it all up big time. So i thought I would just explain it to you all.

    Does anyone know if I can do a restore back to 5.0.1 without having to mess around to much. My host file does point to Cydia?? Will it be just as simple as having to hit shift & restore in ITunes??
    Last edited by 1982ollie; 04-20-2012 at 05:16 AM.
  12. #12  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    I've just noticed in the package details that it does require a tethered boot.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    I've just noticed in the package details that it does require a tethered boot.
    i also said its for ios5.1 i didnt test 5.0.1 so i didnt know what problems it causes, if you are on ios5.0.1 search for spire but follow steps when entering proxy and cert, spire does not need tethered boot
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iDonev View Post
    Is there a noticeable performance difference between Spire and Spite?
    its the same, spite is for ios5.1 because spire is not available for ios5.1
  15. #15  
    iDonev's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siriphone View Post
    its the same, spite is for ios5.1 because spire is not available for ios5.1
    I see. Cause many blogs tout Spite as being faster while ignoring a several safety precautions.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iDonev View Post
    I see. Cause many blogs tout Spite as being faster while ignoring a several safety precautions.
    i dont use siri as much but it looks the same
  17. #17  
    PinkBanana's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    183 Posts

    Default

    This is rubbish. It does not work at all, even when you install the camera fix. Just keeps saying I do not understand. Waste of time and effort in my opinion.
    "A Girl Should Be 2 Things, Classy and Fabulous". - Coco Chanel.

    This girl would be lost without her iPhone.


    White iPhone 5 Stock. Black iPhone 4 Stock...love it!
  18. #18  
    iDonev's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkBanana View Post
    Just keeps saying I do not understand...
    Do you mean "there's a problem, try later", or do you get search results? If you get search results it works just fine, however it doesn't understand your accent.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
  19. #19  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkBanana View Post
    This is rubbish. It does not work at all, even when you install the camera fix. Just keeps saying I do not understand. Waste of time and effort in my opinion.
    Be careful if you uninstall as it messed my phone up pretty bad. Mainly the location services!! Be warned.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkBanana View Post
    This is rubbish. It does not work at all, even when you install the camera fix. Just keeps saying I do not understand. Waste of time and effort in my opinion.
    when you install the certificate , wait for server to be happy hour then you will be registered, just be patient
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    siriphone's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default

    for those saying it does not work or whatever, its either you do not know how to use jailbreak stuff or you cant follow simple instructions, if it works for other people it also should work for you as well
  22. #22  
    PinkBanana's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    183 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siriphone View Post
    when you install the certificate , wait for server to be happy hour then you will be registered, just be patient
    nah it's still rubbish and doesn't work.
    "A Girl Should Be 2 Things, Classy and Fabulous". - Coco Chanel.

    This girl would be lost without her iPhone.


    White iPhone 5 Stock. Black iPhone 4 Stock...love it!
  23. #23  
    PinkBanana's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    183 Posts

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by siriphone View Post
    for those saying it does not work or whatever, its either you do not know how to use jailbreak stuff or you cant follow simple instructions, if it works for other people it also should work for you as well
    How dare you say I can't follow simple instructions or know how to use jailbreak stuff. . Go away you silly pompous little boy.
    "A Girl Should Be 2 Things, Classy and Fabulous". - Coco Chanel.

    This girl would be lost without her iPhone.


    White iPhone 5 Stock. Black iPhone 4 Stock...love it!
  24. #24  
    vicshannon's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default

    Hi all, how long does it take, usually, for it to start working correctly and stop saying, "I don't understand?"
  25. #25  
    iDonev's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vicshannon View Post
    Hi all, how long does it take, usually, for it to start working correctly and stop saying, "I don't understand?"
    Depends on which proxy you're using. If you're using Paradox-Productions, you can check their status .
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    Thanked by:
    Cigarfingers (05-24-2012)
    Cigarfingers likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions