Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Funniest Siri moments

I don't know if Siri could be termed the new auto-correct, but Apple's digital assistant sure does have her/his moments.

I'm not talking about the scripted funny either, like when she claims to have had a bad relationship with HAL from 2001.

So far Siri Dictation insists on transcribing "sec' and "sex" for me. Is that my Canadian accent?

Anyone else having funny moments with Siri?
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,443 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

GREAT thread idea! I can't believe no one has posted yet!!!!!! Unfortunately I don't have a 4S so I can't share. I will say this though. I absolutely LOVE the Malkovich commercial! Expecially when she tells her joke!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,029 Global Posts

I'm sure there have been quite a few. I wished I'd known about this thread before now.

The only thing I can think of, at the moment, is someone else's funny moment. Leo, from TWiT, recently said that he told Siri to add toilet paper to his shopping list. Then he looked up and was embarrassed to see a guy right next to him. I don't know if the guy gave Leo a crazy look or it but Leo said he was especially embarrassed, as he had to repeat the request to Siri.

Global Posts
    4,233 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

Siri makes some funny txts for me. I dictate a message and she decides what she wants to say for me. I send the messages regardless, because 1. the recipient has a good laugh or 2. the recipient is thoroughly confused
    iPhone Nanite

Default not so helpful, but humorous

So, running late, I asked Siri what time my chiropractor appointment was. In her wisdom she let me know the time in Chiro, Egypt.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    Siri makes some funny txts for me. I dictate a message and she decides what she wants to say for me. I send the messages regardless, because 1. the recipient has a good laugh or 2. the recipient is thoroughly confused
    mostly confused!
    I texted my daughter telling her that I found stickers but they turned out to be skulls and peace signs and rocketships and big pink flowers. Siri's message:
    "ůstickers but they turned out to be Sgoals and P finds in the Rocketships in big pink flowers"
    Sounds like something out of the 70's, doesn't it?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Funniest Siri moments

I asked her if she had a boyfriend.... What I got in return...

Motorola Razr V3A > LG Scoop > LG Tritan > Blackberry Curve 8530 > Blackberry Tour 9630 > HTC Hero > Blackberry Torch 9800 > iPhone 4s > iPhone 5 > iPhone 5s > iPhone 6 Plus

BlackBerry PlayBook > The New iPad (iPad 3) > iPad Air > iPad Air 2

Late 2012 MBPr > Late 2014 5K iMac
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Funniest Siri moments

I also asked Siri if she had a boyfriend and her reply was; (I have you that's enough family for me).