Funniest Siri moments

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I don't know if Siri could be termed the new auto-correct, but Apple's digital assistant sure does have her/his moments.

I'm not talking about the scripted funny either, like when she claims to have had a bad relationship with HAL from 2001.

So far Siri Dictation insists on transcribing "sec' and "sex" for me. Is that my Canadian accent?

Anyone else having funny moments with Siri?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
GREAT thread idea! I can't believe no one has posted yet!!!!!! Unfortunately I don't have a 4S so I can't share. I will say this though. I absolutely LOVE the Malkovich commercial! Expecially when she tells her joke!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm sure there have been quite a few. I wished I'd known about this thread before now.

The only thing I can think of, at the moment, is someone else's funny moment. Leo, from TWiT, recently said that he told Siri to add toilet paper to his shopping list. Then he looked up and was embarrassed to see a guy right next to him. I don't know if the guy gave Leo a crazy look or it but Leo said he was especially embarrassed, as he had to repeat the request to Siri.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Siri makes some funny txts for me. I dictate a message and she decides what she wants to say for me. I send the messages regardless, because 1. the recipient has a good laugh or 2. the recipient is thoroughly confused :)

1Flashmom

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
not so helpful, but humorous

So, running late, I asked Siri what time my chiropractor appointment was. In her wisdom she let me know the time in Chiro, Egypt.

1Flashmom

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Siri makes some funny txts for me. I dictate a message and she decides what she wants to say for me. I send the messages regardless, because 1. the recipient has a good laugh or 2. the recipient is thoroughly confused :)
mostly confused!
I texted my daughter telling her that I found stickers but they turned out to be skulls and peace signs and rocketships and big pink flowers. Siri's message:
"?stickers but they turned out to be Sgoals and P finds in the Rocketships in big pink flowers"​
Sounds like something out of the 70's, doesn't it?

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I asked her if she had a boyfriend.... What I got in return... ;)

Photo%20Nov%2006%2C%2012%2044%2032%20PM%20%28HDR%29.jpg

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Not something that Siri did itself, but more relating to it and it’s stature...
I was at my local Target today doing some shopping, when a mother and her daughter were walking past me engaged in a conversation. The mother asked her daughter if she knew where the ‘Siri thing was’ to which the daughter replied ‘you mean Alexa’ and the mother said ‘yes’...
That just opened my eyes to the fact that to some of the general public (maybe a lot), that a voice assistant is a voice assistant is a voice assistant, and if they get similar/good enough results with all of the ones that they use, then they’re interchangeable in their minds. Lol

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as virtual assistants are web based they will be similar. In the future when we carry the processing power and space to accommodate local personal assistants that only assess servers when needed we will get a Jarvis experience

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711