so, is everyone still using Siri like day one?

StevenJ_AK

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I love to use it in the car to read and reply texts but about 80% in never hears me correctly. No matter if its on my vehicles bluetooth connection or the head phones. It always gets my words wrong and I do not have any sort of accent, i also having to slow down my speaking a lot which feels so unnatural that its annoying. Everytime i say "read my new message" it says " at what time do you want me to remind you new message?" drives me so insane i was yelling at my phone. Great concept, just wish i could use it naturally.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
the only time i ever really used it is when people ask me about Siri.

i've turned it OFF in the settings since day one. i like the ability to speak out a text though...

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I still use it for appointments, calls, texts and looking things up. I still haven't figured out how to use it over the bluetooth system in my car :confused:

DM-37

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I use it about as much as day 1, mostly for reminders and sending texts while driving. I've slowly set up more things like relationships and locations, the only real issue I've had is when I say "Remind me to stop at the store when I leave work today," Siri responds with "Here's your reminder to stop at the store at 12:00pm, or when you leave work." Anyone have any tips on how to get Siri to NOT include the "12:00pm, or" part?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Day one? No. All I did was ask it stupid question.

I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I thought it would be great in my car, but I can shuffle my music or play a playlist as fast as Siri. I only really send text when I drive and check the weather every once in awhile.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time. She's good about reading texts to me and is perfect when I dictate what to write back. I've asked her to set reminders and alarms for me and does it flawlessly. I've also asked her my fair share of stupid questions, just to see what she'd say. All in all, I love Siri and use it every day whether it's to ask her if I'll need an umbrella or tell her I'm a suicide bomber and watch her tell me she found mental health clinics near my house.

anon(4745099)

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I find myself using it regularly a week and a half later. Mostly for reminders. I'm asked to do things or pick things up on my way out the door for work. So, Siri is perfect for me to remember my on the go "to do's". On the way out, I asked her to remind me at 9:00 to call "Dr X". Not only did she remind me, but was ready to place the call for me. Very useful.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Whats FaceTime? LOL!

Yeah, I think it'll end up like FaceTime.... I barely use Siri already; I was using it a lot.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Whats FaceTime? LOL!

Yeah, I think it'll end up like FaceTime.... I barely use Siri already; I was using it a lot.

I think it'll be used more then FaceTime, but not for stupid stuff. I love using Siri to send my texts for me, and setting up appointments. I really think I'll keep using it for that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I use it to set alarm clocks and text a bit when I'm moving. Siri wasn't the reason I got the phone though so its just a bonus.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
It is absolutely the fastest way to look up wiki pages and doing google (or yahoo, bing) searches.
Geat for setting appointments & reminders.
Really great for using the keyboard mic to dictate what you want to type. It seems to be more accurate than the assistant even though it's using the server for the recognition.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The novelty wore off fairly quick, it's not like Siri is the first of its kind.

I tried to use it yesterday with sending and reading texts through a BT headset, and because the sms thread was open, it never registered as a new message to Siri, so I kept getting "there are no new text messages" as a response.

So, I'll use it sparingly for setting alarms, reminders, playing a specific song, and maybe sending a quick text to a family member; but I think that'll be about it.

Iammedina

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. When I first got into asked some really dumb stuff to just mess with it. Now I use it as intended and find it very useful.

DM-37

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Other than the playing around stuff, I use it more and more everyday.

I use it all throughout the day for reminders, including adding things to my shopping list. I guess the more I realize it can do the more I remember to use it.

---

I've been the same way. At first, mostly just for reminders, then I started having her send texts, and now that I've got my music all set up, I've started using her to to play music while I'm driving. Much safer than scrolling through myself!

I'm excited to see how the technology advances. Once siri figures out better how to understand the stuff I ask to look up online, rather than just find a website, I'll use her for trivia all the time :D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use it every day. Of course, day one was a lot of "playing" around and trying things out.

But, I set appointments and reminders every day with it. IO am in my car a lot. So, I like being able to simply speak those actions. I do a few things. But, I do them often

:)same for me here too. i'm always running some where to go do this or that, and well i'm one of those people that will NOT tx or talk on a cell ph while driving. period. SO its soooo very convenient to have Siri to talk to:)

I just got my 4S on Friday, and i've been taking advantage of this option to send tx msgs, make calls(on speaker ph only), set calendar, set reminders....it great and extremely useful !!:D:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl