so, is everyone still using Siri like day one?

rlee2001

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use it every day. Of course, day one was a lot of "playing" around and trying things out.

But, I set appointments and reminders every day with it. IO am in my car a lot. So, I like being able to simply speak those actions. I do a few things. But, I do them often

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I use it every day. Of course, day one was a lot of "playing" around and trying things out.

But, I set appointments and reminders every day with it. IO am in my car a lot. So, I like being able to simply speak those actions. I do a few things. But, I do them often

Same here. Use it daily for alarms and such.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Never used even once, and haven't ever turned it on. That feature is seriously of no interest to me at all.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I still am using it all the time. I use the dictation feature all the time. And setting the alarms and creating calendar events with my voice is great.

PS: I still us Face Time quite a bit as well.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
since I don't have a 4s and I'll be waiting till the next model just have one question. When you use Siri in the car or whatever so it reads out texts/emails and will reply do you still have to turn it on with the double tap home button?

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i seem to be asking siri less "dumb" questions and mostly only using it when i need to for actual assistance. but when my friends are around, they use my phone to just ask siri the most insane things they can think of.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I use it a lot (when it works). I've never text while driving, but find that I do now that I can speak to text. I need glasses to read so I can't ever check my phone while in the car because it's too much of a hassle to drag my glasses out. It's also quicker and easier to remind myself of things and check appointments. Not to mention it's more fun! ;)

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
since I don't have a 4s and I'll be waiting till the next model just have one question. When you use Siri in the car or whatever so it reads out texts/emails and will reply do you still have to turn it on with the double tap home button?

She asks.

Example:
Me ?Siri, read my texts.?
Siri ?You have one message,
from (first name) (Last name),
(Text Message),
Would you like to read it again or reply?

[Beeps for answer]

Me ?Respond, (response).?
Siri ?Okay,
I can respond, (Message),
Okay to send??

[Beeps for answer]

~
Don?t know if that makes sense, you really have to play with it.

Edit: this makes more sense AppChat - Siri Voice Text Message/Dictation Demo - iPhone 4S - YouTube

More on topic, I use Siri more for texts while driving/reminders/alarms/grocery list. Originally I used Siri for entertaiment, now Siri is the assisstant She's designed to be.

Last edited:

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I don?t use Siri as much as I did on day 1. I agree with the original post, it may end up like Facetime, although I have found myself using Facetime more now than last year when it first came out. I do however use dictation everyday for responding to quick emails and texts messages. That is my most used and favorite feature of the 4S.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I dont use siri much, i find that she takes too long and half the time she dosen't understand or misunderstands what I want. I get results much quicker if I google them myself. I do use the dictation alot though.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Me too and I find the dictation is much more accurate than the top of the line Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional version I use in my office and unlike Dragon, did not require training.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use it a lot during the day, not so much in the evening anymore like I did when I first got the 4S.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use it on my last two iPhones. Tomorrow will be my third. I had a lot of trouble. As you know when I say "tell" it thinks I'm saying "call". And not that this is important or anything but some of the jokes it makes it's not coming up for me like the knock knock joke. Hopefully my third will be my last it's really a pain to go back and fourth to the store.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Siri more, because I keep finding out new things for her to do, such as add things to lists. Great for alarms, appointments. I enjoyed having her find songs for me on the two days I actually had music on the phone, before I lost it in a sync. At least I know what the problem was, now.

In fact, I like Siri and Reminders so much that I removed my old Reminders! app to a folder and cleared up a place on the home screen, where I moved Tapatalk (and the new color scheme)! Siri makes such nice lists I am nearly ready to retire Paperless, too.

NoMoCentro

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Siri failed more than it succeeded in the first few days of trying it out.

I found I could do everything right the first time if I did it manually and that was often quicker than trying to guess what Siri would be able to understand and what it would completely screw up.

The only time Siri is used now on my 4S is when a friend wants to try it out.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
FaceTime is still an amazing feature on the phone if you use it or not. Even if you use it once a month it's still so cool to FaceTime someone and I garentee when the iPhone is capable of using 4G someday you won't even have to connect to wifi to use facetime

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods