so, is everyone still using Siri like day one?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually use it more now...which is surprising because i thought it would be something that faded with the newness...i use it to text ALL the time, and have recently started to use it on the road to find things, which has been more hit than miss in my case.

ab13

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I continue to use Siri several times a week, but not near like I did on day one. Very handy when it works. Can't wait to see what it will bring when it graduates beta... :rolleyes:

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I got so tired of Siri telling me it couldn't connect to the network that I gave up completely. I set my appointments and reminders in Outlook so the only about all I tried to do with Siri was look stuff up and I found AroundMe to work quicker and more accurately. The last time I tried Siri (and actually got to the server) I asked for directions to a restaurant called El Encante. Despite numerous attempts on my part Siri kept thinking I was saying Hell instead of El. For beta software it seems remarkably capable but I'll wait until its more polished before I frustrate myself any further.

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Siri often. Especially when it comes to reminders or adding something to my calendar. Every now and then I'll use it to text. I can see myself using it more as time goes on. Really convenient having that option on the phone.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had it fail quite a few times but I just used it sitting here on my couch about 10 times. Did searches, asked for directions, asked it math problems, and sent out a verbal text to 2 friends at a time. Worked perfect every time. Damn, when it works it really works. My last phone was an LG Lotus. This is like another world.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I only use it for 3 things:

1. Txting in the car. I text a lot and it is nice to have it read my txts and reply for me.
2. Setting reminders and shopping lists
3. Playing with my kids asking her funny things.

I will also now use her to go to my settings for BT and WiFi to turn them off and on easily.

Coffeegrower

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
since I don't have a 4s and I'll be waiting till the next model just have one question. When you use Siri in the car or whatever so it reads out texts/emails and will reply do you still have to turn it on with the double tap home button?
Siri is activated on the phone with a long hold of the home button. I use Siri in my car with the standard apple earbuds - you activate it with the middle button. I assume it's similar with a bluetooth device.

Coffeegrower

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Since I've shown the kids how to set a timer with Siri, there's no more squabbling about when the phone should be passed to the next player. Priceless! I also use it to set calendar events and add items to my shopping list as I think of 'em. Siri is quite useful as-is, but I look forward to the day when it's able to launch apps, change settings (brightness, etc), and read incoming emails.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
FaceTime is still an amazing feature on the phone if you use it or not. Even if you use it once a month it's still so cool to FaceTime someone and I garentee when the iPhone is capable of using 4G someday you won't even have to connect to wifi to use facetime

Even with people I know where we both have Macs, we both have iPhone 4, we both have iPads, we do not use FaceTime. Not sure why, but we always use Skype!

If Apple implemented iMessage into iChat and made FaceTime directly a part of iChat I think FaceTime would get a LOT more usage than it does now.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I still use Siri. I love using her to set the timer while I'm cooking. Also to call my contacts. And for texting when I'm driving. I use her for other things as well, but it's not always on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2