What can Siri NOT do that you WANT her to? (seriously)

curtisclone

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Siri is awesome, but what are some capabilities she lacks? What would you love for her to do for you that she doesn't do for you already? Do you think more capabilities will come after crawling out of Beta? Please keep answers serious! Then pepper in a joke or two :)

~Curtisclone

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
For me Siri does this....

Siri will tell me whatever about the weather, from what will the temp be at 6am tomorrow, to is it going to rain. So weather is covered.

Siri will set, erase, edit all alarms. So alarms are covered.

Siri will set reminders and calendar events, etc. So Reminders, Calendars, etc are covered.

Siri will read all specific stocks and tell you by voice. So stocks are covered.

Siri will send all texts from speech and read unread text messages. So texting is covered.

Siri will play whatever from your ipod/Music. So music is covered.

Siri will give directions by your speech to where you want without issues. So directions,maps are covered

Siri will dial all calls, from names, nicknames, relationships, or by saying the numbers. So phone calls are covered.

Siri will set a timer for you. So timers are set.

Siri will give you useless cooking information, how many quarts in a gallon, etc, stuff girls will use. So thats covered.

So what is Siri lacking that isn't aleady covered that you are looking for. I did have to talk to Siri so it can adapt to my accent, speech patterns, etc to make it more accurate. Probaly a 95% accuracy for me on all words now.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Turn on/off Bluetooth.

Honestly this is something Apple really needs to work on, quick access to settings.

It would be really nice to have a brightness toggle instead of volume in the multitasking tray as well. Its so damn convenient on the iPad.

Also, for people who use the subway, it would be nice to have quick access to airplane mode so the phone isn't wasting battery constantly looking for signal for 45 minutes.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Burnt Orange...hits the nail on the head. That is DEFINITELY one of my major desires from Siri.

A few of my own...

- Language translator
- Recognition of commands in regards to syncing
- Multi-Tasking "Clean Up" (IE: a command to shut down running processes)
- Usage statistics on demand

...im sure a few more will come to me, but those are some i could think of off the top of my head.

One thing i found it that it CAN do that is awesome (in regards to the iPod) is that you can ask Siri to shuffle a specific playlist, and it works flawlessly, you can actually instruct her to shuffle the playlist and repeat, and it will just continually shuffle and repeat the playlist over and over again until you stop the process. Im sure that is a basic function, but driving home yesterday, i was bored and tried it and it made me smile... :D

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Siri will tell me whatever about the weather, from what will the temp be at 6am tomorrow, to is it going to rain. So weather is covered.

Siri will set reminders and calendar events, etc. So Reminders, Calendars, etc are covered.

Siri will read all specific stocks and tell you by voice. So stocks are covered.

Siri will send all texts from speech and read unread text messages. So texting is covered.

Siri will give directions by your speech to where you want without issues. So directions,maps are covered

Siri will dial all calls, from names, nicknames, relationships, or by saying the numbers. So phone calls are covered.

Siri will give you useless cooking information, how many quarts in a gallon, etc, stuff girls will use. So thats covered.

So what is Siri lacking that isn't aleady covered that you are looking for. I did have to talk to Siri so it can adapt to my accent, speech patterns, etc to make it more accurate. Probaly a 95% accuracy for me on all words now.
Wow. That is stunning. It really is an assistant, isn't it? Maybe the iPhone will be my next device :) Whatever it will be will have to be 4G capable. Either way, this Siri sounds amazing.

tizocman

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
she does EVERYTHING

tumblr_ltf27xUaO11r59tod

Reactions: rich67

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
i wish she could read me the email that i just received. "you have more that 25 emails"

This is what I was going to say.

But it seems like Siri is being sarcastic when I ask her to read them

"Jim, you have over 25 emails, I can not read them"

I still want to be able to change her voice.

Would love it if she could jailbreak my phone.

Joshua Shorter

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

If I have one complaint, and it is very MINOR, it is that she seems to have a problem editing. If I schedule an appointment and I need to edit the title, I feel like I have to cancel the whole thing and start over instead of just editing the title.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I would like actual location based reminders - not based on addresses but based on GPS locations.

Or at least the ability to define a current GPS location as something, which can then be used in location based reminders.

Chris

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would like Siri to be able to change settings- turn on airplane mode, etc. I would like GPS-based location reminders. Yesterday I wanted Siri to remind me to do something when I got out to my truck in a ramp, but the ramp doesn't have a physical address that I can discover, so I tried a near-by building, but it didn't work. Launch third party apps. I read that Remember The Milk is enabling Siri support, but it's expensive, IMO, in the first place and Reminders from iOS5 works just as well with synching all one's reminders across all devices.

dlcrouch

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
travel search

Like this "Find me a flight from houston to kansas city on Dec 11 2011"

reply "I can't help you with that" or some such reply.

I was going to post a screen shot,but now i get that darn "trouble connecting to the network message"

DAMN YOU ATT!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711