What can Siri NOT do that you WANT her to? (seriously)

mysimba97

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see turn-by-turn navigation.

I'd also like to be able to change Siri's voice. Heck, Apple could create an in app purchase for it and I'd buy it...

Last edited:

Ipilot4s

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
For UK users we are stuck with a male Siri... why isn't there the option to change to female?
Also it needs the ability to learn words, I don't see how it's supposed to learn as any mistakes it makes with what I say can only be rectified by either cancelling or manually editing which isn't inputting any kind of change to the way Siri interprets what you are saying.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I would love for her to open up apps for me. For example...........
Siri: How can I help you
ME: Open up ESPN, or Yahoo fantasy Football app, or Twitter, etc...

That would be nice. I'm sure further down the road that could be an option with updates.

Ipilot4s

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Also if you are driving and want Siri to do anything like a send a text or read one it would be handy for it to allow for hands free activation.
A code word or phrase could be used to activate Siri and could be turned off/on at any time therefore allowing us to have the functionality on when we are in a place or position where it would be needed.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would love for her to open up apps for me. For example...........
Siri: How can I help you
ME: Open up ESPN, or Yahoo fantasy Football app, or Twitter, etc...

That would be nice. I'm sure further down the road that could be an option with updates.

This brings me to another desire i have of Siri...real time sports scores...i'd love to hit the button and ask "What is the score between Georgia Tech and Miami?" or "Who is winning the Georgia Tech football game?" and her access via google or whatever and come back quickly with an update...

Or even better...a nice scrolling ESPN ticker on the notification screen. (i can honestly see this coming very soon now that i think about it).

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I just tried and she replies with "Sorry (name), I can only read text messages."

Thanks for doing that. So yeah, the ability to read anything would be good.

I agree! How about turn off/on wifi? or any other number of toggleable switches? I dont have siri yet. Can she do settings changes?

she cant do that yet, but would be very handy.
On another note about toggling, i have a notification on my pre with icons for any toggling thing i choose, up to 5 icons in the notification. i.e. i fixed 3g, wifi, bluetooth, brightness, and a no sleep icon there, and i can press once to turn on or off. I think the first row of fast switching icon is all we need, and it would be cool if i swpied to go to the right of that, and there were toggle icons like what i have. That or something in the notification center.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see turn-by-turn navigation.

I'd also like to be able to change Siri's voice. Heck, Apple could create an in app purchase for it and I'd buy it...

I could see them eventually adding Siri voices to iTunes to purchase like they have ringtones, and now text tones.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Wifi on/off

Open apps (like "open Pandora" or "launch Zombie Gunship")

Btw.... Zombie gunship........ Awesome!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711