The easy way to teach Siri who your family is!!

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Check out this article!!! It shows you the easy way to teach Siri who your family is!! All you have to do is go to your own name in your contacts and hit the edit button. Next you scroll down to the related people field and set it all up. If you've already been able to teach Siri using voice commands who your spouse is then the related people button won't be there but after you hit edit it will still allow you to add family! Give it try! If you already knew this then this is not for you!

"Related People" Contacts In iOS 5 For iPhone 4S Siri Assistant | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

P.S. To create a contact or yourself just go into your contacts app or to your telephone app and create a contact just like you would for anyone else and simply add your own information. To let the phone know that this is you, you simply go into settings and click on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars button. From there you scroll down to the contacts section and click on My info. You will see all of your contacts pop up and you just select the one that you created for yourself. Now Siri will know your number, address, and anything else that you add to your contact information.

Last edited:

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I was messaround with trying to get Siri to learn my family last night...

It kept listing my mom as my manager and my father as my assistant. Only my wife was correct.

I sync my contacts with Google and it does not have all those relative fields. Enabled the iCloud contacts and added my family the same way this article described....

So to add to the tip, if you using google for your contacts and that's it. Create yourself in the iCloud contacts and set that as "you"

jeepn803

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
all i had to do was just say ""your moms name here" is my mother" and it listed her as my mother. Didn't have a problem did mom, dad, sisters, girlfriends...

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I was messaround with trying to get Siri to learn my family last night...

It kept listing my mom as my manager and my father as my assistant. Only my wife was correct.

I sync my contacts with Google and it does not have all those relative fields. Enabled the iCloud contacts and added my family the same way this article described....

So to add to the tip, if you using google for your contacts and that's it. Create yourself in the iCloud contacts and set that as "you"

whether you sync your contacts with google or not you will need to create a contact for yourself.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
whether you sync your contacts with google or not you will need to create a contact for yourself.

I've always had a contact for myself in Google and have always used Google sync. Siri was not mapping the relationships properly with the google contact of me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro