Lets hear it, Siri ! The good , the bad, the ugly .

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I are both on our new iPhone 4S in the same house standing next to each other. Siri is working every time for me, I'm not seeing any issue. When my wife tries Siri or I try Siri on her iPhone 4S, Siri says "Having trouble connecting to Network". When she uses my iPhone 4S it works. So doesn't seem to be a connection issue, or a heavy usage issue.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
The only problem I have with Siri - or the one thing I haven't learned yet - is how to get her to end sentences in a text. Siri must have a thing against punctuation. ;)

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
She worked great earlier but now even with full bars I keep getting "sorry I am having trouble connect to the network"

Yeah I don't understand it, my wife is a bit disappointed now, she's been at work all day and excited to get her iPhone 4S and mess around with Siri, but Siri's not working for anything. Although for whatever reason, Siri is working without any issues on my iPhone 4S.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've found after using Siri for about 14 hours now. That sometimes Siri can't connect. And sometimes it is lagging. Wonder if its because of the amount of current users right now that makes it lag. 8AM this morning Siri was fast and responsive but later in the day Siri got slower

jenaee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
At least I'm not alone. I've been trying for an hour and Siri won't work AT ALL!! I'm on Verizon with all bars and Wifi. I get the "sorry I am having trouble connect to the network" error. I'm so disappointed :-(

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I got a few "could not connect to network" or "something went wrong" messages earlier, but mine seems to be working now. As another poster said it's probably just massive network load with everyone trying Siri out. This will probably abate in a few days...

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think Siri is hilarious!! Conversation from earlier:

Me: Are you married?
Siri: We were talking about you, not me.
Me: Am I pretty?
Siri: No comment.
Me: You should say yes.
Siri: I'll make a note of that
Me: How old are you?
Siri: I don't see why that should matter, *insert my name here*
Me: Why not?
Siri: You see things, and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were, and I say, "Why not?"
Me: That's deep.
Siri: Anything else I can do for you?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's working ok for me now. It sucks that we don't get anything location based in Canada yet (weather, restaurant search, cab search, etc). Anything that requires Siri to search based on locality, you get the "I'm sorry, I am unable to search for that in Canada".

That kills 50% of Siri's usefulness. Boooo

goldflinger

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are both on our new iPhone 4S in the same house standing next to each other. Siri is working every time for me, I'm not seeing any issue. When my wife tries Siri or I try Siri on her iPhone 4S, Siri says "Having trouble connecting to Network". When she uses my iPhone 4S it works. So doesn't seem to be a connection issue, or a heavy usage issue.

This is my exact same problem. My wife's Siri works well and mine sucks!!!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If there is any voice customization for Siri, I haven't found it yet. It would be really cool to give her an "alternate voice". That would be entertaining. Especially if I can get her to say:

"I'm sorry Dave. I can't let you do that". .... LOL!!!:D

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I have with Siri - or the one thing I haven't learned yet - is how to get her to end sentences in a text. Siri must have a thing against punctuation. ;)
In order to have correct punctuation when using Siri or the voice activated text you have to say the punctuation as well. For example: "Hey guys comma this is my new number period" will come out to "Hey guys, this is my new number."

Reactions: fridayxiii

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
ok so heres a question...under the Siri setting it says you can activate it through holding the home button down or raise the phone to your ear and speak.....i have tried that and its not doing anything. Does anyone know how to do this?

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok so heres a question...under the Siri setting it says you can activate it through holding the home button down or raise the phone to your ear and speak.....i have tried that and its not doing anything. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm sure you turned siri on but it works if your home screen is up and then hold phone to your ear and it will work. It won't work if your phone is on lock screen

mummer43

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So far I'm not impressed. I asked it to search for a restaurant numerous times and it was unable to find what I wanted. My girlfriend tried it on her Droid X once and it found what we wanted immediately. It needs some work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner