List confirmed Siri questions and answers - First Hand

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
As cool as Siri is, I really wish it could be activated by just saying "Siri" or something similar, it would go a long way to true voice control. Unfortunately, I understand the effect it would have on battery, since it would have to constantly listen for the command. As it stands though, if I have to hold down the button I might as well use the phone.

:p

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
As cool as Siri is, I really wish it could be activated by just saying "Siri" or something similar, it would go a long way to true voice control. Unfortunately, I understand the effect it would have on battery, since it would have to constantly listen for the command. As it stands though, if I have to hold down the button I might as well use the phone.

yes, but if you are driving... so much easier to just say what you want .. or have her read the texts... :)

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

To me, this is the biggest shortcoming of any voice activation. Only time it works well is when (on my android device) I need to send a text while driving. 9 times out of 10, it's just as quick for me to use the app, or web as it is to ask a question. The novelty of it wears off pretty quickly.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Cant wait to use Siri. Not to threadjack but how does Siri know your name? I would like to be called "Boss".

im guessing by the name registered with your itunes/icloud account? im not sure

Its the nickname you set for yourself in Contacts.. I had mine listed as smeltn but she would always read out S M E L T N so I changed it to my first name and now she says my name.

You can train it, it was calling me Douglas, I told it to call me Doug, it asked me if I wanted to be called Doug, I confirmed, and that's now what she calls me.

You can also train it to recognize relationships, Angela is my fiance, Tony is my friend, etc

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
To me, this is the biggest shortcoming of any voice activation. Only time it works well is when (on my android device) I need to send a text while driving. 9 times out of 10, it's just as quick for me to use the app, or web as it is to ask a question. The novelty of it wears off pretty quickly.

This is the absolute truth. I prefer not to use my phone while driving since its all integrated through my car speakers and steering wheel, so its not painful at all, but that really is the extent of it.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with Siri the whole time home after getting my Iphone4S and this technology is so advanced we have no idea. Just playing the phone responded to the direct question.

Me - You are beautiful
Siri - I bet you tell that to all the virtual assistants

Me - I love you
Siri - I bet you say that to all your mobile phones

Me - I love you
Siri - I am only here to serve you

I love this thing. I was just trying to think of things to say that isn't in the normal Siri voice command list. This is the greatest sell phone and ios every made by far.

Started a new thread about this on iOS5 forum. Went no where.
But the vid i posted there

He says: I Love You
Siri says: I hope you don't tell the other mobile phones that

I forget what else he asked in the video. Oh well.

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
423722794.png

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
"I want to buy some drugs."
"Sorry, I can't find any addiction treatment centers."

I've been having fun all day. I haven't asked it one "useful" question besides asking what the temperature was outside, to which she said, "It's hot outside!" before showing the temp. Love this thing! :D

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Guys. I'm not getting my name called to me by Siri. What do I need to go into to get my name programmed. I've been using Siri since 8AM so definately need to program something

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Guys. I'm not getting my name called to me by Siri. What do I need to go into to get my name programmed. I've been using Siri since 8AM so definately need to program something

First you need to have yourself as a contact. Adding things like your address will help Siri if you ask it to remind you to do something when you get home. Then follow this...

SETTINGS> GENERAL> SIRI> MY INFO

Click on your name in the contacts list & now it knows who you are.

I haven't messed much with it yet but in the contacts list you can spell a persons name phonetically or add a nickname. I am thinking this will help Siri to better understand you. If you have a friend with the nickname Scooter, hopefully you will be able to say Scooter & it will know who you're talking about.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner