WIll siri work with Google Calendar and gmail?

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thats fantastic. Was just wondering that myself.

I actually can not wait to see some third party developers incorporate Siri into their apps.

Would be great for say Golf GPS apps to tell you your yardage from the hole, etc.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thats fantastic. Was just wondering that myself.

I actually can not wait to see some third party developers incorporate Siri into their apps.

Would be great for say Golf GPS apps to tell you your yardage from the hole, etc.

I dont know if third parties will have access to adding things to siri considering its on apple servers...

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if third parties will have access to adding things to siri considering its on apple servers...

slideshare.net/Lauraelizabethwilson/siri-future-of-search]SIRI: Future of Search

According to ProgrammableWeb, Siri uses more than 35 APIs to find what it needs.

A Siri presentation from Feb. 2010 (Apple officially bought it in April 2010) suggests that the future of search includes a "rise of partnerships among APIs."

"Given the rate at which Apple fanboys adopt next-gen technology, Siri should only get more and more popular and gain access to more and more app APIs," wrote an excited Digital Trends, "making your iPhone as hands-free as it gets."

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
slideshare.net/Lauraelizabethwilson/siri-future-of-search]SIRI: Future of Search

According to ProgrammableWeb, Siri uses more than 35 APIs to find what it needs.

A Siri presentation from Feb. 2010 (Apple officially bought it in April 2010) suggests that the future of search includes a "rise of partnerships among APIs."

"Given the rate at which Apple fanboys adopt next-gen technology, Siri should only get more and more popular and gain access to more and more app APIs," wrote an excited Digital Trends, "making your iPhone as hands-free as it gets."

awesome thanks for the correction very interesting then siri is only going to get better.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
And just to clarify. Gmail calendar and mail I don't think has access to Siri's APIs. Siri can interact and use what is defined in settings such as default calendar and default mail. It will be a while until third parties have access to it and I'm sure it will be pretty limited at first.

exeon

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Exactly.
The only thing that seems accessible to 3rd party is the new dictation button on the keyboard. That's in all apps. But I don't think Siri will be able to tell you your Google Calendar events. If it could, it would also read Twitter messages, Google+ posts, Facebook news, etc.
I'm sure it will come eventually, maybe in iOS 5.1. Siri is in beta, don't forget.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
well crap.. I use Google Calender exclusively, because I can check it at work, home, on the go.....

I was really hoping it would work with it.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes and I don't think my prior post was clear. Even though there aren't any third party tie ins to Siri doesn't mean you can't schedule appointments, send mail etc. using gmail as long as those are your default calendar & mail conduits.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods