Can Siri translate?

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this question posted or asked anywhere, but was wondering if anyone knows if Siri can translate languages? Example: I tell Siri to translate a sentence in english to spanish. This would be great and incredibly nice to have when I need a quick translation. If not available right away, this is something I'd like to see Apple integrate down the road.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this question posted or asked anywhere, but was wondering if anyone knows if Siri can translate languages? Example: I tell Siri to translate a sentence in english to spanish. This would be great and incredibly nice to have when I need a quick translation. If not available right away, this is something I'd like to see Apple integrate down the road.

Since iPhone 4S hasn't launched there's no way for anyone to test this. But, I think Apple will add it along the road and it won't come with the iOS 5, it will probably come with iOS 5.1 or something like that.

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Not yet, but that is definitely a future possibility when they get more languages.

That being said, it would not be any more accurate than other translation apps.

Edit: Actually it probably would be more accurate... @_@

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That would be cool if it does!
But I wonder if it will actually translate or just pull up a search of translations from like google translation and other online translators.
I think I'd be ok with that though. Just because that would be a really quick and easy way to get a translation. This would be a great update 5.1! Or could a 3rd party possibly do this for Apple using Siri? I'm not really aware how much, if any, access devs have to Siri.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Mechanical translators are inaccurate at best. Most of you don't need translations enough to warrant adding it to Siri, and those of you who do should just learn the language.

Let me show you what happens when you rely on machine translations....

A Wicked Deception - YouTube

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i would use this feature all the time. my fianc? likes to start speaking spanish to me and i have no idea what she's saying. lol

BarronN30

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think I'd be ok with that though. Just because that would be a really quick and easy way to get a translation. This would be a great update 5.1! Or could a 3rd party possibly do this for Apple using Siri? I'm not really aware how much, if any, access devs have to Siri.

Yeah I wouldn't mind google translate but I would hate if they use something like babelfish.
That website is really off a lot of times!
I would definitely like to see this feature though. Would be really useful when your visiting a country.

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I really hope Apple includes this soon. Like how it pulls math from Wolfram Alpha and already does google searches, a translate tool shouldn't be (that) hard to implement (they're a friggin multibillion/national company :p ) and I'd buy a 4s right away if it could (for french homework). Otherwise, I hope there's a jailbreak for that :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You still don't seem to understand the perils of machine translation. If you actually spoke another language, you would not want Siri translating for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711