Multiple Siri voices?

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I just watched a video on Stuff.com where they were sampling different commands for Siri and I noticed that when the girl with the English accent spoke to Siri, instead of responding with the robotic ladies voice we have all heard, it was a robotic MAN's voice - kinda sounded like Simon Cowell minus the honest insults. I know that you can set the language to three different versions of English (US, England, and Austrailian I think) so I wonder if each version has it's own Siri voice. Man, I sure hope the Austrailian one sounds like Steve Irwin!

Video of Siri working perfectly for users with a variety of accents - TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I sure hope we can change the voice, the one in the the demo video is absolutely awful.

Well to be frank I don't know what you expect... The voice will always be a generated voice, not an actual human voice. Until the technology for that improves drastically, and in a way that can be implemented in a mobile device, the Siri voice is not going to sound like a real person.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
nice video... I can wait to get this!!!!!!!!
just for the fact that you can talk a text out and it actually understands you.... so very cool

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
How about Bobcat Goldthwait?? Lol, how long would it take to grate on your nerves? My TomTom has a British female accent, and I named it Thomasina. I would love a British voice for Siri. "Take the exit left and go straight on". :D

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if the early 4S shipments use just one voice option, and possibly a different voice in every country, but I'm willing to bet this is something that Apple improves on in the coming months. Different options for Siri will be great - though I haven't seen any video of the new phone that shows a clear option to change the voice. I know it can be lifted up and spoken into like you're on the phone (which is great so we don't all look like morons having conversations with our iPhones), so perhaps there is an option to change the voice? I'm sure the jailbreak community will find a way if Apple didn't give us the option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro