Hoping Siri is easy to use

Vandesa1

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My husband has some short term memory loss and has difficulty using his Samsung Intercept, which was an upgrade from a flip phone. He is having some success with the iPad, and it's a real confidence builder. We're going to pay Sprint to bail out early and get him a Verizon account. If we stay with Sprint, our only option is to pay retail for the phone or wait 18 months for an upgrade. anyway, I have high hopes that the voice activation features will give him lots of opportunity to be successful. The video clips make it look very encouraging.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There have been quite a few reviewers that have said it functions the same, if not better than what we saw on the keynote and the preview video...i find that to be quite encouraging for now until i can get my hands on it myself. Many of the big bloggers who were at the keynote said, after having a chance to use it, that it was both fluid and intuitive beyond what they even expected after watching the keynote.

StarrWulfe

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
If it's even 5% better than the Siri app that was available before Apple's purchase of the company, then it will definitely be good and easy to use. You'll simply be able to ask a question just like you would to another person in the room.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It seems very solid and you should not worry about Siri. The iPhone 4S is an amazing device no mater what other people say

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
If I were you, I'd try explaining this issue to Sprint. They can be very helpful and understanding about such things, so you may be able to get an early upgrade.

They have been known to go above and beyond to help existing customers, who are in good standing.

Mistress of Mischief

FightOn2001

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I'd try explaining this issue to Sprint. They can be very helpful and understanding about such things, so you may be able to get an early upgrade.

They have been known to go above and beyond to help existing customers, who are in good standing.

Mistress of Mischief

Also, Sprint has a buyback program that you might be able to use toward the cost of the new phone. By the time you pay your ETF it might be worthwhile.

Vandesa1

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies. I had hoped that Sprint might understand the situation; however, after explaining it to three people today, I was given absolutely no encouragement that they would be willing to make an exception, and with memory issues, every day counts. We don't have the luxury to "keep checking back." If we like the iPhone as much as I think we will, I may opt for an early out as well, and I've been a Sprint customer for a long time.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies. I had hoped that Sprint might understand the situation; however, after explaining it to three people today, I was given absolutely no encouragement that they would be willing to make an exception, and with memory issues, every day counts. We don't have the luxury to "keep checking back." If we like the iPhone as much as I think we will, I may opt for an early out as well, and I've been a Sprint customer for a long time.

Call and tell them you're canceling, insist they get someone in retentions on the phone.

Mistress of Mischief

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It should be very easy to use but Sprint should not and will not give you an early upgrade, especially if you still have 18 months left on your contract because you just upgraded a couple of months ago and while the phone he is using now isn't for him he had 30 days to try it and return it and he didn't. I really don't mean to sound insensitive but I would look into selling your old phone on CL to offset the cost or just cancel the one line and pay the eft and then re-open a new line and get the discounted price on the phone and it would be cheaper than paying for a new phone outright. Now if you don't recieve good reception where you're at that's another story and I would consider jumping to another company but if the only reason is because they won't let you upgrade again because you just did 4 months ago and you're still going to have to pay the EFT to go to another company you might consider staying with them and doing one of the options I listed above. Good luck with everything and I hope it works well for him :)

Last edited:

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Siri is very easy to use, but you have to memorize all the voice commands.

Instructions:

Press and hold the physical ?Home? button to open Siri.
Once Siri has opened, ask a question or ask Siri to perform a task such as emailing or texting.
If you requested Siri to do something such as send an email or text, Siri will show you a draft of the proposed message before it is sent. To send the message, press the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen and say ?send?.

List of All Siri Voice Commands

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually you don't need to memorize a list of commands. Siri was respond to many different ways to perform the same task. You speak English, Siri will do what you ask if she can.

The list of commands gives you things she can do, not command syntax

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods