Will SIRI come to older devices?

sep2006

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think? I mean it's coming it the iPod Touch 4th gen (2011) and the only difference between that and the 2010 model is "It comes in white Now"

So, Thoughts?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Siri needs the specs of the 4S iPhone to run properly. It may be possible to do on a 4, but the end user experience will be less than satisfactory.

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about that when they sAid it was 4s only hopefully the jb community can get it running that would be awesome!

sep2006

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It is being worked on. See this:

Jailbreak Hackers Already Working on Porting Siri to the 4G iPod Touch [Updated]

Cross your fingers :)

Also, would just like to point out to the poster above me ^^^ that nobody knows that for sure yet... it may run perfectly. It's anyone's call

Yeah it doesn't seem like it's need a large amount of specs.

I am an Android user for my phone area, but a committed iPod touch user (Have had every single generation so far) and on my Android (Samsung Captivate) they already have something that's nearly exactly like SIRI on there and my phone has equal or lower specs then the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4 so it seems like it's highly possible that it would come to the slightly earlier devices

sep2006

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it doesn't seem like it's need a large amount of specs.

I am an Android user for my phone area, but a committed iPod touch user (Have had every single generation so far) and on my Android (Samsung Captivate) they already have something that's nearly exactly like SIRI on there and my phone has equal or lower specs then the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4 so it seems like it's highly possible that it would come to the slightly earlier devices

Though SIRI seems a little better then what I have on my Android

AdamRoxby

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
My own personal opinion is that it won't if you remain pure. I think they would have to have some exclusive features to make you want to get the new model.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
nope unfotnenlty it won't because it doesn't have enough ram.

From what I have read the 4S and the iPhone 4 have the same amount of RAM.... Either way I'd think the 4 could handle it, everything else I think we will see iOS 5 be trimmed down like iOS 4 was for legacy devices.

scientist88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna be pretty upset if it doesn't come for me (iPod Touch 4th gen), but I'm expecting it, cause its on the iPhone page...not the iOS 5 page...

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think SIRI can be designed to work with the 4 and not just 4S but the Camera,Faster Processor and SIRI are the only selling points to go from 4 to 4S. Apple makes it seem like it can't be used on anything else. SIRI was a app that was running on Iphone4 and Apple bought it modified it. I guarantee it will be a jailbroken app in the near future on jailbroken idevices.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read the 4S and the iPhone 4 have the same amount of RAM.... Either way I'd think the 4 could handle it, everything else I think we will see iOS 5 be trimmed down like iOS 4 was for legacy devices.

Apparently it needs the new A5 chip to work properly :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods