No Siri on iPad 2 = me angry!

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say, while I may not have an iPhone, I was still one of the people sitting for 11 hours outside the Apple Store on launch day for the iPad 2.

The iPad 2 has the same internals and is a premium product in Apple's line-up, and it will be FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS! What in God's name is the reason for shunning iPad 2 users like this?!

...rant over

Last edited:

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Latest talk is that the 4S will only have 512MB of RAM as well...

From the Verge: "iPhone 4S has 512MB of RAM, same as the iPhone 4? http://t.co/Eg4CZtyH"

Last edited:

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it does not have the proper microphone for it to work properly? just a guess.

maybe the iphone or 4S in particular have better mics.

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
The iPad doesn't have voice control at all, does it? I just don't think they believe that it's necessary for that device, kind of like how they don't have airplay on Macs.

You waited outside for 11 hours for the iPad 2? I spent three weeks checking every store that might sell them because I missed the early morning preorder. So there :p

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Latest talk is that the 4S will only have 512MB of RAM as well...

From the Verge: "iPhone 4S has 512MB of RAM, same as the iPhone 4? http://t.co/Eg4CZtyH"

Exactly right. I do hope, however, that this talk proves to be false. I find that 512 MB of RAM on my 4 isn't all that great. Nonetheless, I am kind of upset as well that I don't get Siri goodness without upgrading to the 4S. Hopefully that changes as it moves from beta to final.

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys really think you'll use Siri that much? I had the Siri app, and aside from doing a bunch of random searches to see if it would work, and saying "this is cool," I never used it. I don't like talking to people, let alone by devices.

asuperstarr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say, while I may not have an iPhone, I was still one of the people sitting for 11 hours outside the Apple Store on launch day for the iPad 2.

The iPad 2 has the same internals and is a premium product in Apple's line-up, and it will be FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS! What in God's name is the reason for shunning iPad 2 users like this?!

...rant over
That will come with the iPad 2s

wHoKares

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I must agree with most of the posters here. The iPad 2 has the power to run Siri, it shouldn't be excluded. Even the 16gb 4S will carry Siri, so I highly doubt it has to do with memory. In short it sucks.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought, it wasn't released on iPad 2, due to not enough RAM, considering the iPhone 4S, has 1GB of ram and the iPad 2 has 512 MB of ram.

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think this has to do with the fact that apple wont put in on the ipad 2 is because its maybe just not a smart smart thing to do. Many people (including me) schedule appointments and such on my iphone or whatever phone i have at the time. Smartphones have also become good at being organizational devices that helps me schedule daily activities such as tests, and appointments. Apple probably doesnt see the need to or have any reason to include it in the ipad 2 because most users dont really even need voice control. Besides who cares if you have to go to your 4s and use the software because it will end up getting pushed to your ipad2 over icloud anyway. LOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner