Exactly how much access does Siri have over iPhone 4S features?
Can Siri access EVERYTHING that comes built-in to the iPhone 4S?
Or just SOME things?
1. If I tell Siri to play a song from Metallica's ...And Justice For All album, which I would have on my iPhone 4S in the iPod section, will it? Or will it tell me to buy it from iTunes if I didn't have it already? Or would it check the iCloud to see if I have it stored "up there"?
2. If I stand up my iPhone 4S on a table and then walk in front of it and say "Take a picture of me in 5 seconds" will it?
3. If I tell it to read aloud the 3rd paragraph on page 26 of "Winnie the Pooh" will it?
4. Can you buy stuff off iTunes/App Store through Siri? (ie - saying aloud your password for purchases?)
We know it can handle the calendar and alarm clock, check the weather and look up stuff on the internet. But what about the other stuff I listed?
Last edited by Netherscourge; 10-05-2011 at 03:01 PM.
- 10-05-2011, 03:15 PM #2
- 10-05-2011, 03:36 PM #3
1. Yes, and no it doesn't need to be purchased from iTunes. It just needs to be able to tell what you're referring to based on the text. For example, if I tell VoiceOver to play Beyonce, it does not understand me no matter how I pronounce her name. I think Siri will definitely be improved in terms of recognition, though.
2. Highly doubt it, though that would be effing cool!
3. Read aloud definitely won't be enabled. Apple sells audiobooks.
4. No, not secure enough.
- 10-06-2011, 07:43 AM #4
- 10-06-2011, 07:58 AM #5
- 10-06-2011, 08:06 AM #6
What appealed to me was being able to text perhaps while driving. I'd like to see a better navigation solution or see Navigon build some of this into their app. While i'm harping on this, I wish Apple would focus on car accessories. This is where i spend at least 2-3 hours a work day using my phone.
That modded for iphone 4 Tomtom car kit is still my best solution. Car Kit for iPhone - Mobile navigation - TomTom