am i the only one who does not use Siri?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
almost 2 weeks ago i purchased my iPhone 4S and as i was setting it up i elected to turn Siri > OFF :eek:

so i can honestly say i have never used Siri, on my device, since day one. doubt i ever will period

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 4s, but I've never been able to get into voice dialing even!?
Maybe when I get the S that'll change. I remember holding off on an iPhone period because there was no keyboard ... What crack pipe was I smokin'?! .

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same and so is my wife, we're in Australia so that might have something to do with it but I think she's pretty much a waste of time.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Siri daily.. with 90% success rate. I use it for meetings, reminders, appointments, looking stuff up, texting and calling. So easy to say call Wife at work and it is done.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Siri NEVER works for me. I'm always in full signal 3G or Wifi at work and home and it takes her at least 30 - 60 seconds and I get to frustrated and turn it off. I am not a fan.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I use Siri all the time. Reading, writing texts. Setting up reminders, making and editing notes, getting directions (navacon), toggling Bluetooth, wifi, flashlight etc...

I'd be lost if I couldn't talk to my phone.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Siri for reminders. The few times I've tried using it to send a text while driving I've gotten so frustrated I could have just as easily been texting. The whole idea is to to not take your mind off the road.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
The novelty has worn off for me and I have switch SIRI off. He was too slow to repond and actually slower than if I did the task myself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still use Siri and it is very helpful. As I stated in another thread, I use if primarily to text & respond to text messages while driving, set reminders, look up information and to dial contacts for me. I have never asked it frivolous questions and it did not factor in to my reason for buying my iPhone 4S. Could it be better? Heck yeah. Do I depend on it? Absolutely not. I've had a smartphone or a PDA phone for so long and I'm so used to doing things manually that I forget about Siri sometimes.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Siri. I actually probably use dragon dictation a little more though. Siri is mainly to check the weather forecast, look up websites on google.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, back in Nov when I first got my 4S, I used Siri mainly for answering a text while driving & I did factor in the 'Siri effect' as part of my reason for purchasing my 4S, switching from a bb. But, now having my phone for just over 5 mths I can honestly say I don't use Siri really at all anymore. If I use it once MAYBE twice a month now.....that's a lot. I just may switch the button to OFF one of these days myself.....

(if I need to answer a call or text while driving, I just pull over instead)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would totally be lying if I said I use Siri. Lol she's okay when needed but just isn't that good! What I do want is the voice diction to become more accurate.

wonder777

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I love her

I love Siri. I use her to schedule appointments, reminders, send and receive texts while driving, web searches, weather conditions. My all time favorite use is when I have her remind me when I get to work, or when i leave work, to do something.

Ben_Trovato

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Siri everyday and every time Siri comes up I can't help thinking 3 things:

1. Why didn't we have this 10 years ago?
2. Why isn't this better? (Can't launch apps or modify settings)
3. How do people still "type" messages, it feels so archaic to type in 2012.

It's great for reminders and meetings. Sending texts, timers for cooking or whatever it is you are doing. Why type???? I just don't get it besides being in an environment where you it wouldn't be appropriate to speak.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(snipped)... How do people still "type" messages, it feels so archaic to type in 2012....(snipped)

In regard to our smartphones, we're actually "thumbing" ;) Even using a touch screen is still technically considered a form of typing. Do I think typing is archaic? No. Am I grateful that we are all but done with actual typewriters? Heck yeah. I'm from the typewriting era when a mistake meant having to start over and carbon paper was used to make copies. Is typing even taught in school these days?

glidem

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I rarely use Siri, except in circumstances where it is convenient. For example:

• In a private place where I can dictate emails and text messages
  • Wish to add a Calendar event (much quicker than manually adding)

Siri will be much more useful to me when I can adjust Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other settings with a simple voice command. I also have the problem where I live in the UK and location services still do not function.