With the Macbook taking on the world with only 2 ports, where do you see the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air in the future, in terms of port availability? Is the Macbook Pro going to get more than one USB-C port? What other ports will Apple include? (Bonus round: Will the Macbook Air be dropped entirely if it's going to lose most of it's ports, or will it keep them to differentiate between the 2 'thin' models in the family?)
    03-20-2016 11:47 AM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

At this point, no one knows, except select personnel at Apple, in my opinion. Personally, I don't care what they do with respect to ports as long as I am able to do what I need to do on their devices without it being an inconvenience.
    At this point, no one knows, except select personnel at Apple, in my opinion. Personally, I don't care what they do with respect to ports as long as I am able to do what I need to do on their devices without it being an inconvenience.
    03-20-2016 06:22 PM
    With the Macbook taking on the world with only 2 ports, where do you see the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air in the future, in terms of port availability? Is the Macbook Pro going to get more than one USB-C port? What other ports will Apple include? (Bonus round: Will the Macbook Air be dropped entirely if it's going to lose most of it's ports, or will it keep them to differentiate between the 2 'thin' models in the family?)
    I really don't know about the MacBook Air: there are chances it will be dropped entirely (and maybe there will be a larger 14" MacBook Retina).
    I really hope the MacBook Pro won't lose any port. It would be great to have 1 USB 3 and one USB C, and the TB2 port replaced by a TB3. I strongly suspect they are going to use 2 USB C ports instead (an adapter will be required).
    03-31-2016 03:42 AM
    Will the Macbook Air be dropped entirely
    At some point, though I don't think we'll see that this year.

Its my opinion that Apple needs to consolidate its product mix. They have an 11", 12" 13" (two models), and a 15" laptop. There's so much overlap that if kill off the MBA and maybe offer another MacBook model, that will help them.
    04-27-2016 06:48 AM
    At some point, though I don't think we'll see that this year.

Its my opinion that Apple needs to consolidate its product mix. They have an 11", 12" 13" (two models), and a 15" laptop. There's so much overlap that if kill off the MBA and maybe offer another MacBook model, that will help them.
    I could see apple dropping the air line all together and make the macbook line and the pro line. Have the 12", 13" mac and the 13/15 for the pro.
    06-21-2016 08:26 PM
    I could see apple dropping the air line all together and make the macbook line and the pro line. Have the 12", 13" mac and the 13/15 for the pro.
    Definitely, especially if they're able to get the base price of the MacBook down to the $900 range.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-21-2016 08:30 PM
    Definitely, especially if they're able to get the base price of the MacBook down to the $900 range.
    I think it is very possible. I mean the air started around the price the macbook is and it dropped. I think with all of the constant sales on the macbook it shows they are definitely able to get the price under $1,000.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-21-2016 09:07 PM
    I'm really hoping for a CD Drive, Ethernet port, RJ-45 port, USB 2.0 Port and if apple really pushes it, a Firewire port would be cool ^_^ lol

On a serious note, I'm sure there will be many USB Type-C ports
    07-23-2016 09:19 AM
    Apple likes that USB-C port.. so probably add a second one.. Dongles are here to stay.
    01-17-2017 12:32 AM
    I would assume USB C /thunderbolt 3 from here on out on the Mac line up, and for the air to go away as soon as they can price the MacBook sub $1000
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    04-05-2017 05:42 AM
    Pretty much think we won't be seeing any port changes for a good while with USC type C just barely making its way into the market

The Air is dead
    05-09-2017 01:40 PM