DCIM sub folders when transferring pics and videos to my PC ???

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If I want to transfer pictures or videos from my Galaxy S7 I just plug my S7 into my PC via USB and ALL my pictures and videos show from my S7 on my PC and I can pick and choose what to move from my S7 to my PC,, easy !!!

When I plug my iPhone 7 (and all my other past iPhones) into my PC, open my iPhone DCIM I always have about 30 or 40 sub-folders,, I then have to search thru all those sub-folders to find any pictures or videos I just took and wish to transfer yo my PC.

What am I doing wrong ?
What is the fix that would enable me to just be able to view my pictures or videos without having to search thru 30 or 40 sub-folders ?

If I only had to look thru 2 or 3 sub-folders on my iPhone to view my thumbnails that would be no big deal,,, but having to search thru so many folders is really not fun.

Thanks much in advance for any help or suggestions.

Cheers
Davyo

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Do you have your photos on icloud? Then you can use the icloud sync tool so it will automatically download your photos from icloud to your pc, just open that folder to see all pictures in one glance.

If not, maybe try iTunes? Not sure if it has a photo option because I haven't used it for a long time

yvancowell

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I think all iOS devices, when plugged into PC, will have sub-folders for DCIM. If you're tired of browsing through just to find one or two pictures, try to use an app. There are so many apps over the net that can let you do that but I recommend Airmore. With the use of this app, you can easily view your photos (by albums, by dates, etc) and also transfer from there. You don't need USB cable but you need to have internet connection.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner