Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matty
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iAppleDoYou's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    25 Posts

    Default Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro? I love the iPad Mini models and my iPad Mini 2 works great. I am waiting to update the Mini 2 to another iPad but the iPad Mini 3 and 4 didn't seem like worthy upgrades. Apple would then have an iPad Mini Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, and iPad Pro 12inch. Would y'all even buy an iPad Mini Pro?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by iAppleDoYou View Post
    Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?
    I'm not
    ... Would y'all even buy an iPad Mini Pro?
    I wouldn't.
  3. #3  
    maflynn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    208 Posts

    Default Re: iPad Mini Pro?

    What qualifies the mini as a pro? Pencil support?

    I find the mini to be a nice tablet, but I'm not sure it can fit in the same pro family as the 9.7 or 12.9" Of course that doesn't mean apple won't do it - they don't usually listen to my advise
  4. #4  

    Default Re: iPad Mini Pro?

    Pencil and keyboard support and faster processor would qualify. I guess we will have to wait and see.
  5. #5  
    maflynn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    208 Posts

    Default Re: iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Pencil and keyboard support and faster processor would qualify. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Apple increased the price of the 9.7" iPad and called it a pro, I'm hoping if they add the Pencil and keyboard, they won't increase the price.
  6. #6  
    infinite_loop's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default Re: iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by iAppleDoYou View Post
    Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro? I love the iPad Mini models and my iPad Mini 2 works great. I am waiting to update the Mini 2 to another iPad but the iPad Mini 3 and 4 didn't seem like worthy upgrades. Apple would then have an iPad Mini Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, and iPad Pro 12inch. Would y'all even buy an iPad Mini Pro?
    Hopefully it will get and an Ax chip!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    I have a suspicion that the Mini line's days are numbered. It's being cannibalized by phablets.
  8. #8  
    maflynn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    208 Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    I have a suspicion that the Mini line's days are numbered. It's being cannibalized by phablets.
    Generally I agree with you, but given Apple's position and declining sales of the iPad I don't think they're willing to leave a given market segment. I largely stopped using my mini when I got my iPhone 6 plus (I'm now using an SE), but with apple looking to tap every market segment I think they'll keep the mini going.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
    Generally I agree with you, but given Apple's position and declining sales of the iPad I don't think they're willing to leave a given market segment. I largely stopped using my mini when I got my iPhone 6 plus (I'm now using an SE), but with apple looking to tap every market segment I think they'll keep the mini going.
    It all boils down to dollars and cents. If the Mini line is still profitable they'll keep making it. Apple is very secretive when it comes to many things, including individual product sales, so only they really know.
  10. #10  
    maflynn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    208 Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    It all boils down to dollars and cents. If the Mini line is still profitable they'll keep making it. Apple is very secretive when it comes to many things, including individual product sales, so only they really know.
    Ultimately yes, but Apple may accept lower profits, if they think its protecting their market as well. Still your point is valid, just look at the 17" MBP. Beloved buy a quite few people, yet Apple killed it off.
  11. #11  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by iAppleDoYou View Post
    Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro? I love the iPad Mini models and my iPad Mini 2 works great. I am waiting to update the Mini 2 to another iPad but the iPad Mini 3 and 4 didn't seem like worthy upgrades. Apple would then have an iPad Mini Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, and iPad Pro 12inch. Would y'all even buy an iPad Mini Pro?
    I think on the smaller screen, pencil support isn't that worthwhile. With that being said, I just hope they continue to update the mini line. Finally putting in a decent processor and retina display was nice.
  12. #12  
    Matty's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    315 Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by iAppleDoYou View Post
    Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro? I love the iPad Mini models and my iPad Mini 2 works great. I am waiting to update the Mini 2 to another iPad but the iPad Mini 3 and 4 didn't seem like worthy upgrades. Apple would then have an iPad Mini Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, and iPad Pro 12inch. Would y'all even buy an iPad Mini Pro?
    meh, the iPad Pro 9.7 is perfect IMO. For me the mini is just too small. I've tried using one and i was always left with the feeling of "if only i had more screen space".
    Evilguppy likes this.
  13. #13  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,362 Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

    Yup, I agree with Matty, the baby pro is perfect as is.

Similar Threads

  1. big files on iPad Pro 9.7 inches
    By LukasR in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2016, 08:40 AM
  2. Scrabble for iPad review
    By cjvitek in forum iPad Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2016, 06:47 PM
  3. Why is my iPad suddenly turned into dark screen
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2016, 08:12 AM
  4. How to manage Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2016, 06:12 AM
  5. Jony Ive and team design custom yellow iPad Pro for charity auction
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2016, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions