Should I buy an Airport Extreme?

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Should I buy an Airport Extreme

I think the current generation Airport Extreme is getting a little out-dated. The current version was released 2.5 years ago. Does anyone have an idea when these products will get a refresh. Should I wait for the next generation or is there a comparable product at a similar price that anyone would recommend?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Should I buy an Airport Extreme

Would not wait for Apple to come out with a new one. If you want to stay within the Apple environment this is a good choice. There are many other choices out there that are better and cheaper. A good place to compare routers is SmallNetBuilder. They do great comparisons of just about every router on the market.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Should I buy an Airport Extreme

I have set up Apple wireless networks at my home, my parents home, and now my work. Vastly superior to what as there before. Airport utility makes everything so much clearer. And devices see it as one big network, even if each Apple wireless adaptor is or is not connected itself to Ethernet. These new mesh networks seem cool, like the eero. I'd check them out, but I have been really Apple with airport based networks myself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods