iPhone 6s dual lense camera?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
According to AI and MacRumors, the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus successors for 2015 will have dual lense camera with DSLR quality. I'm hoping that they increase from 8 MP to 16 MP or higher like on Android!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think 8MP is fine, but if they can bump the MP up and keep the same great photos and videos, I'd be fine with it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am fine with the MP, I want the sensor to continue to improve, because although low light got better this year, it still has lots to improve upon. Now that being said, a slight bump in MP along with a much improved sensor would be welcomed.

bitshifter1001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Why do you want more MP? More MPs alone don't make for better photos. A lot of it is in the photo processing and Apple has been improving that every year without bumping the MPs up. I have nothing against having more MPs though as long as Apple maintains the quality of photos we have now.

Along those lines more MP could result in larger file size. While this is not necessarily a bad thing it could mean less photos/apps/music stored on device. Just something to think about.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The dual lense setup sounds intriguing, more intriguing than a straight mp increase. For most purposes the 8mp unit works great. With all that said I would have no issue with Apple bumping the sensor up to 12mp as long as it doesn't hurt the image quality.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Its time they upped the MP in the camera along with the rest of the camera. You can only claim you have the best smartphone camera for so long and then they lost it to Samsung with the Galaxy S6.

Its not about adding MP to just add them it is about improving the camera especially if they are going to continue to tout how movies were shot with it, and big world photographers used it. No one is using an 8MP camera today in the real world for hi-res photos. So its time to actually upgrade and not the usual phone it in upgrade.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i checked out the G4 today and oh man! that camera has me questioning whether i should switch to android for those amazing cameras. Their front facing one is great quality too, which even my 6 lacks. my boyfriend has a note 3 and his "selfie" camera was far superior to mine in low light conditions during our vacation.

too bad my entire personal ecosystem at the house is apple. it would be hard to wedge an android in there. if they add some sort of manual options like the G4 an bump up the sensor for better low light performance, i'd be a happy apple-er.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
That is why I use both iOS and Android, I get the most out of it all. Never let a new phone go by without testing it, you never know what you are missing.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
According to AI and MacRumors, the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus successors for 2015 will have dual lense camera with DSLR quality. I'm hoping that they increase from 8 MP to 16 MP or higher like on Android!

We should know all about it in August or September when Apple tells us. Rumors and speculation don't really matter, because they are, after all, rumors and speculation.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
That is why I use both iOS and Android, I get the most out of it all. Never let a new phone go by without testing it, you never know what you are missing.

This is why i keep my ear to the ground on both OS systems and also why i'm waiting for the 6s announcement before making a choice. According to several articles i've read, dropping an android phone into an otherwise apple ecosystem isn't as much of a PITA as it used to be.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't a dual camera need a second camera lens of some kind? I don't think Apple would do this for the "s" version of the ip6. They are going to leave the phone shell the same and won't change the design of the iPhone 6/6plus until the ip7 comes out. I don't think there will be a dual lens camera here people. Take a deep breathe and exhal.... Again these are not facts, just my opinion.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73