Apple Fall 2014 iPod Lineup

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping and guessing that the iPods will be refreshed or discontinued. Here's my predictions of the lineup after September 9th:

6th generation iPod Touch: 16,32,64, and maybe 128 GB capacities. Same design as 4.7" and maybe 5.5" iPhone 6. iWatch compatible?

iPod Nano- Redesigned with 16 and 32 GB capacity. Maybe iWatch compatible.

iPod Classic- No changes whatsoever. Possibly discontinued?

iPod Shuffle- Possibly a redesign, but not sure. 2 GB to 4 GB capacity.

What do you all think?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the new iPod Touch will get Touch I.D. and either the A8 or A7 processor with the M8 or M7 coprocessor, or if that'd jack up the price of each capacity?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the new iPod Touch will get Touch I.D. and either the A8 or A7 processor with the M8 or M7 coprocessor, or if that'd jack up the price of each capacity?

Most likely the A7 processor, Touch ID, and have the same screen size as the iPhone 6 if Apple does release a new iPod touch this year.
I think apple might make the iPod touch a developer only device but that's my opinion.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping and guessing that the iPods will be refreshed or discontinued. Here's my predictions of the lineup after September 9th:

6th generation iPod Touch: 16,32,64, and maybe 128 GB capacities. Same design as 4.7" and maybe 5.5" iPhone 6. iWatch compatible?

iPod Nano- Redesigned with 16 and 32 GB capacity. Maybe iWatch compatible.

iPod Classic- No changes whatsoever. Possibly discontinued?

iPod Shuffle- Possibly a redesign, but not sure. 2 GB to 4 GB capacity.

What do you all think?

I wonder if they'll even announce a new iPod touch since it was recently refreshed.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
With no new iPods announced or updates I'm starting to think apple might be killing the lineup.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
With no new iPods announced or updates I'm starting to think apple might be killing the lineup.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Me too. The Touch, which I thought was going to be updated this year, is still the same as it was when launched in 2012, other than price. I think Apple should at least update the processor to an A7 or something to keep it relevant.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice