Should any product Apple introduce this fall have Touch ID?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

Maybe we'll get both! I see your point with the continuity improvements, but I'd still love to see it unlock the Mac based on proximity to my iPhone because my iPhone is almost always within arms reach.

This is what I'd like to see, kind of like how Android L will unlock your phone automatically if it is within range of you bluetooth Android Smartwatch.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

I think maybe they can set it up so that you authenticate to your Mac via your TouchId on your iPhone.

Maybe we'll get both! I see your point with the continuity improvements, but I'd still love to see it unlock the Mac based on proximity to my iPhone because my iPhone is almost always within arms reach.

This is what I'd like to see, kind of like how Android L will unlock your phone automatically if it is within range of you bluetooth Android Smartwatch.

I like this approach in concept. However, there are situations where I am within a few yards of my rMBP and I may not want it unlocked. Not sure how you would control when to unlock via proximity and when not, but I could see that criteria alone being problematic.

Apple Fanatic 44

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
re:

I think with a phone though it might be a security concern because a smart watch would be harder to steal than a phone since your wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods