chatr wireless

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
They use Rogers network as chatr is their MVNO and 3G speeds are decent but I was wondering if anyone had issues using their data once throttled, since it's only 64kbps?
128 or 256 would have been better but I feel like 64 is barely enough to get emails, taking away any convenience and usability.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I can not answer with direct experience with Chatr, BUT I have T-Mobile. I'm from the US. When I was travelling to Europe recently, I got to use T-Mobile Global data free feature which is capped at 128k. While it was fine for GPS mapping and some LIGHT browsing (and you needed patience), it was not good for much else. Certainly not music streaming, or ANY kind of video. NOW you might be able to survive via using free WiFi and WiFi at home, but I don't think you will be too happy with that data speed!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They use Rogers network as chatr is their MVNO and 3G speeds are decent but I was wondering if anyone had issues using their data once throttled, since it's only 64kbps?
128 or 256 would have been better but I feel like 64 is barely enough to get emails, taking away any convenience and usability.

Hopefully, someone who can answer your question will reply soon.

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I can not answer with direct experience with Chatr, BUT I have T-Mobile. I'm from the US. When I was travelling to Europe recently, I got to use T-Mobile Global data free feature which is capped at 128k. While it was fine for GPS mapping and some LIGHT browsing (and you needed patience), it was not good for much else. Certainly not music streaming, or ANY kind of video. NOW you might be able to survive via using free WiFi and WiFi at home, but I don't think you will be too happy with that data speed!

Thank your reply!

So 128k cannot even stream music?! Is is really that demanding? I'm really surprised by that!

Well, that is good to know! I might have to get a better plan with more full-speed data, then!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thank your reply!

So 128k cannot even stream music?! Is is really that demanding? I'm really surprised by that!

Well, that is good to know! I might have to get a better plan with more full-speed data, then!

Being totally honest I really did not try, was in Europe on vacation! BUT things were VERY slow, browsing got done, but it was SLOW, GPS worked and got us places but it was SLOW! I think you could make it work, provided you were able to enhance it with WiFi.

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Being totally honest I really did not try, was in Europe on vacation! BUT things were VERY slow, browsing got done, but it was SLOW, GPS worked and got us places but it was SLOW! I think you could make it work, provided you were able to enhance it with WiFi.

Great! Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods