Rogers LTE speeds?!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
What the hell lol I just joined Rogers 2 days ago and their network speed on LTE is so poor I was getting better connection with wind. I have a unlocked iPhone 6s Plus and i am honestly thinking leaving Rogers and going to bell

2d4bc0e494a04480109d321e221073d0.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Are you in a major metropolitan area? In Philly, in my neighborhood and most other places I get great speed, BUT in mid town, where I work, what you are showing looks good. ;) Sometimes network saturation causes slower than normal speeds. AT&T had a real problem with this when the iPhone first came out. And ALL the carriers have this problem in places like center city Philadelphia (where I work) and Manhattan New York City, which is where many New Yorker's work, and in many major metropolitan business centers.

Make sure you are checking in a few places around your town. Try turning off your home WiFi and then check around your home which is probably in a much less cellular congested area.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Not really I mean i am in Waterloo which isn't as big as let's say Toronto or New York but man I get higher speeds on 3G :/

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting 43 down and 12 up right now. I've gotten is high is 90 in my living room.

That's respectable LTE speeds! I'm getting 50 down/ 10 up on the iPhone and 60 down/ 20 up on the Nexus. I'm not sure why the Nexus is faster (maybe it's on band 12, which i don't think my iPhone has). Now when I get to work tomorrow I will be lucky to get 5 down and 2 up AND I need my T-Mobile cell booster for that!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I should definitely call Rogers ?

You can trying calling Rogers but I'm not sure what that will accomplish. Your download speeds aren't terrible. Data speeds can vary greatly from one geographic area to another and can even be different from one building to the next. Unless you have someone standing right next to you testing his or her speeds on the same cellular network and getting much better results it's hard to say anything is wrong.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I have had luck calling both Verizon and T-Mobile, the providers I have used here in the US. Verizon got a tower near me fixed based on my many calls. And T-Mobile sent me a cell spot booster device to use in my office to improve my signal. It certainly can't hurt to call. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2