Rogers 7.99/50MB

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering for people who are on Rogers and travel to USA do you use the the 7.99/50 MB rate?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
?

Be patient. It's Saturday, and many of our fellow members have other appointments & responsibilities. In many places, this is the last weekend before school starts so I'm sure many people are out buying school supplies and school clothes for their kids. We are volunteers and the volunteers who may be able to answer your question may not be logged on at this time so please understand that, and be patient. Take care....:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd bet people who travel from Canada to the U.S. find whatever WiFi they can to
use their device instead of paying a ridiculous amount of money for so little data.
You can refresh Instagram and Facebook about 20 times and probably already
hit your 50 MB's.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
No way it's way more . But u usually leave data roaming off and just leave mobile network on as you don't get charged for that and for incoming texts and incoming calls. Aslong you don't answer them. But leaving data roaming off charges can be easily tracked.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I know a couple of my Canadian friends get prepaid SIMs (usually AT&T) to pop in while they are here. :)

EDIT: I have reached out to a few folks, so can maybe help you. :)

Last edited:

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't like putting any sim in my phone other than my native sim. For 1 reason only. The phone #. It's such a hassle to tell everyone and stuff. It's better I buy a travel pack or use the 7.99/50MB while I'm there. Not a that bad..

Anyways you don't need to worry leave data roaming OFF don't answer texts or calls if you want NO CHARGES.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ancient thread, but it's a big enough problem I'll give my $0.02.

If T-Mobile coverage works for where you travel Stateside, get a T-Mobile SIM and pay $3/day for unlimited calling and texting in the US and unlimited data, of which the first 200 MB can be LTE on an iPhone 5s, 5c, or late-model 5.

If calling back to Canada is a big deal, go with Roam Mobility, which costs a buck more per day, doesn't allow LTE (HSPA+ and 2G only), but includes unlimited calling and texting to Canadian numbers.

Wouldn't do AT&T because it's hard to get data packages for shorter trips.

On the other hand, if you need to use your Canadian number while you're Stateside (business traveller), then you're stuck using the Rogers passes, and the target audience for them.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ancient thread, but it's a big enough problem I'll give my $0.02.

If T-Mobile coverage works for where you travel Stateside, get a T-Mobile SIM and pay $3/day for unlimited calling and texting in the US and unlimited data, of which the first 200 MB can be LTE on an iPhone 5s, 5c, or late-model 5.

If calling back to Canada is a big deal, go with Roam Mobility, which costs a buck more per day, doesn't allow LTE (HSPA+ and 2G only), but includes unlimited calling and texting to Canadian numbers.

Wouldn't do AT&T because it's hard to get data packages for shorter trips.

On the other hand, if you need to use your Canadian number while you're Stateside (business traveller), then you're stuck using the Rogers passes, and the target audience for them.

Business or no business user it's easier using your original #. Rogers and other carriers rates for roaming is getting more cheaper and actually giving more for less.. I prefer using rogers travel packs as there fine for me. I just leave data off. Turn it on if I really need it... But now they have talk, text and data packages for USA now.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've used a tmobile sim and the Rogers one number app. This gives me unlimited data plus the ability to text and call using my Rogers number

Works great.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Plans for USA through Rogers are cheaper now and gives more. I prefer to keep my phone # without doing all these. Alternatives.. Plus if u leave data off and don't answer text messages your bill will be 0 anyways. Since incoming texts are free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro