You mean it wasn't the Russians?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It was definitely poor turnout & middle class midwest voters!!! IMO either candidate is a disaster. I'm just glad the issues he's tackling don't have any impact on me at this time. Was never a fan of the ACA & have been fortunate enough to afford good healthcare, and I'm too far in the middle for tax reform to have a huge impact. However, I do feel bad for those that are less fortunate. But on the bright side....our kids never have to finish high school & can grow up to be coal miners So embarrassing

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
“I loved my previous life,” Mr. Trump told Reuters. “I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

This says something, lol. His supporters should hate that comment after all the talk he was doing to get their vote, in my opinion. He told us nobody would be more presidential than him. He told us nobody knew more about ISIS than him. He made many grand statements about how great he would be. The last thing I want to hear is him say "I thought it would be easier".

I fully understand the weight of the presidency being a lot. But his words told the story of someone who knew what he was getting into and promised us he was going to handle it better than anyone else. Instead, we get someone who constantly reminds us of the "mess he inherited", the "dishonest media" and how they lie about him, and how Obama failed us. Not what I personally care to hear about, honestly.

Bush had shoes thrown at him, Obama had monkeys being drawn in his likeness. Trump better toughen his skin lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This says something, lol. His supporters should hate that comment after all the talk he was doing to get their vote, in my opinion. He told us nobody would be more presidential than him. He told us nobody knew more about ISIS than him.

The issue is that his hardcore supporters actually believe it should be that easy so this just goes right past them.

7a6cb57fb7965d920d59d8af482d7487.jpg

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
And this thread is why I stay out of the politic sub forum! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3-a4qWCtIg

Oh jump in. The water is fine!!

Politics can be an important thing to discuss as long as it remains civil. We as a people are too hesitant to discuss the "taboo" topics. (Politics, religion etc.) These conversations explore our diversity, which is great if respect is at the forefront. A society with the inability to express their differences without fear of backlash really isn't as advanced as we may think, in my opinion.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling that poor 'D overdid it on the breadsticks at Olive Garden and is out of commission.

Nah!...poor 'D is a working man with responsibilities aside from those here at iMore......I always participate when I can and when I want to, and I won't participate when I can't or when I don't want to. As for the breadsticks at the Olive Garden yesterday, dude, they were downright delicious...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This says something, lol. His supporters should hate that comment after all the talk he was doing to get their vote, in my opinion. He told us nobody would be more presidential than him. He told us nobody knew more about ISIS than him. He made many grand statements about how great he would be. The last thing I want to hear is him say "I thought it would be easier".

I fully understand the weight of the presidency being a lot. But his words told the story of someone who knew what he was getting into and promised us he was going to handle it better than anyone else. Instead, we get someone who constantly reminds us of the "mess he inherited", the "dishonest media" and how they lie about him, and how Obama failed us. Not what I personally care to hear about, honestly.

Bush had shoes thrown at him, Obama had monkeys being drawn in his likeness. Trump better toughen his skin lol.

Every President, in my opinion, has underestimated the amount of responsibility that comes with being POTUS. BHO stated something similar to 'until you've sat in this office as the POTUS, you have no idea what it's like'. That is no different than "I thought it would be easier". BHO went on and made the adjustment and so will President Trump. The man has only been in office 100 days and he has been demonized relentlessly, and yet, he keeps pushing forward with the people's business. I'd say his skin is tougher than he's given credit for.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The man has only been in office 100 days and he has been demonized relentlessly, and yet, he keeps pushing forward with the people's business. I'd say his skin is tougher than he's given credit for.

And @Just_Me_D just hit the nail on the head! President Trump is a true gentleman and he's not caving to the liberal media. He does keep pushing forward despite the media being against him and I hope that allah blesses President Trump with great success as POTUS.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
And @Just_Me_D just hit the nail on the head! President Trump is a true gentleman and he's not caving to the liberal media. He does keep pushing forward despite the media being against him and I hope that allah blesses President Trump with great success as POTUS.

A true gentleman? Oh come on. Now this is just getting ridiculous...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Every President, in my opinion, has underestimated the amount of responsibility that comes with being POTUS. BHO stated something similar to 'until you've sat in this office as the POTUS, you have no idea what it's like'. That is no different than "I thought it would be easier". BHO went on and made the adjustment and so will President Trump. The man has only been in office 100 days and he has been demonized relentlessly, and yet, he keeps pushing forward with the people's business. I'd say his skin is tougher than he's given credit for.

Trump ran into office promising us he was the best and could handle anything. He wasn't overwhelmingly confident. Neither Obama or Bush held themselves so high.

Tough skin? Come on D. You do a lot of defending. It's like you're ignoring what he's said and done. Do you not follow him on twitter? He's allowed his emotions to get the best of him consistently. Are you truly not seeing that?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Tough skin? Come on D. You do a lot of defending. It's like you're ignoring what he's said and done. Do you not follow him on twitter? He's allowed his emotions to get the best of him consistently. Are you truly not seeing that?

Perhaps if the media wasn't biased and telling lies President Trump wouldn't have to resort to Twitter. Besides Twitter is coming straight from the source!

Also I'm assuming we are to ignore what Obama and hillary said and did?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Trump ran into office promising us he was the best and could handle anything.
Quis it has only been 100 days.
He wasn't overwhelmingly confident.
Saying "I thought it would be easier is not displaying a lack of confidence. It's acknowledging that the challenge was more than anticipated. Has he quit? Did he say that he was stepping down? If not, then he's still up for the challenge.
Neither Obama or Bush held themselves so high.
Bush was too humble, and BHO didn't have to. The entire left was sprouting about him being all that. Wasn't it Barbara Walters who stated that they thought he was the next Messiah?

Tough skin? Come on D. You do a lot of defending.
I point out things others choose not to see.
It's like you're ignoring what he's said and done.
You mean like, "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"? Or "Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected"?
Do you not follow him on twitter? He's allowed his emotions to get the best of him consistently. Are you truly not seeing that?
I do not follow the President on Twitter. Having said that, I do wish he would have someone else send out his tweets because far too many Americans are accustomed to politicians tickling their ears with smooth words than they are to them being upfront and direct like the President is.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Quis it has only been 100 days. Saying "I thought it would be easier is not displaying a lack of confidence. It's acknowledging that the challenge was more than anticipated. Has he quit? Did he say that he was stepping down? If not, then he's still up for the challenge. Bush was too humble, and BHO didn't have to. The entire left was sprouting about him being all that. Wasn't it Barbara Walters who stated that they thought he was the next Messiah?

I point out things others choose not to see. You mean like, "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"? Or "Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected"? I do not follow the President on Twitter. Having said that, I do wish he would have someone else send out his tweets because far too many Americans are accustomed to politicians tickling their ears with smooth words than they are to them being upfront and direct like the President is.
You said it better than I could have

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox