Thoughts on the election result?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I mean absolutely no disrespect here, but unless you're out there, what position are you in to speak for them by saying that's their underlying reason? If they've already voted because they disagree then isn't all of this just redundant and being done in vain?

This is always interesting to me. Someone who disagrees and has taken no time to actually speak with the other side offering their take on what they feel is misguided or a waste of time. This is similar to those who say BLM is a terror group while watching the news and not actually engaging with those who are a part of the movement. Am I out in the streets protesting? No. But I'm surrounded by those who are. I talk to them. I talk to both sides. I've got great friends who were up until 3 AM a few nights ago in Downtown Chicago protesting. I spoke with them the same day I had lunch with a good friend who is a strong Donald Trump supporter.

The issue here is that none of you actually care about the other side. I'm far from a Trump supporter...but I hear what people are saying in support of him. I just don't agree with it.

Maybe rather than watching the news and offering suggestions on a message board, you can go out and engage with those who are protesting. Hear WHY they feel the way they feel. Empathize with their desire to simply be heard. Educate them on how they may better get their voices out. Don't talk down on them and say what they are doing is a waste of time. No protest is a waste of time. They all have their reasons and their goals. If for nothing else than to send a message.

If I'm in no position to speak on their underlying reason, you certainly aren't in one to call their efforts a "waste of time". The quality of time spent is subjective. What is a waste to you may be all someone else has. Never forget how powerful our voices are. White people (and even some blacks) once said that boycotting the buses on Montgomery was pointless.

And as far as this "liberal narrative" people like to imply exists...don't for one second think that had Hillary won there wouldn't have been protests. The talk was already surfacing prior to the results in talks about a rigged election and interviews with supporters saying they were "ready for the uprising" if the election was "stolen" from Trump. This is no "liberal" agenda...This is the country you live in.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree 100% with Evilguppy here. Also, (as a double minority) not only am I terrified of the repercussions of a Trump presidency... I am equally terrified by the fact that Pence is now the VP. What a horrid individual. Another topic that many seem to ignore is the effect Trump will potentially have on the environment. I fear for our planet. Furthermore, this man has no experience with government affairs. Just because you are rich AF and know how to run a business, does not mean you have the knowledge to run a country. These are sad times for the US. I am truly embarrassed.

The environment as we use our iPhones made from rare metals that contaminate the environment. One main reason we don't refine those rare metals in the USA anymore. When you start using a telegraph and use a horse to get to work, then I'll back the environment debate. (I agree that we need to spot green house emissions and I believe in climate change.)

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
HUH? What does HRC have to do with the Trump swastikas? The guy called "Apu" and told he'd have to leave now? The gay man hit in the bottle because there's a new president? Are you blaming that on HRC? Wow.
Well if Trump did paint those swastikas I want him impeached. But you can't blame someone else for another person's racism. I can show documented history on Trump involved in the black community. Hanging with Shaprton and Jackson. And the millions he poured into the minority community. But let's go ahead and use the race card because "fail".

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Of course, not, and it's not the fault of Trump either. The gay man hit with a bottle is the fault of the person who hit him. What does Trump have to do with the swastikas? The people who put out the swastikas are to blame for that, but who's to say that those people weren't activists supporting HRC? It's not uncommon for activists to create a situation that makes it looks as if the opposition is to blame. The guy called "Apu" was not told to leave by Trump.

So I guess we can call HRC racist too! Look at the white man who was beat up by the black men and accused him of voting for Trump. Just saying.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
One thing I did note. Did you guys see the professional signs people were holding on the first night of demostrations? Grass roots?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is always interesting to me. Someone who disagrees and has taken no time to actually speak with the other side offering their take on what they feel is misguided or a waste of time. This is similar to those who say BLM is a terror group while watching the news and not actually engaging with those who are a part of the movement. Am I out in the streets protesting? No. But I'm surrounded by those who are. I talk to them. I talk to both sides. I've got great friends who were up until 3 AM a few nights ago in Downtown Chicago protesting. I spoke with them the same day I had lunch with a good friend who is a strong Donald Trump supporter.

The issue here is that none of you actually care about the other side. I'm far from a Trump supporter...but I hear what people are saying in support of him. I just don't agree with it.

Maybe rather than watching the news and offering suggestions on a message board, you can go out and engage with those who are protesting. Hear WHY they feel the way they feel. Empathize with their desire to simply be heard. Educate them on how they may better get their voices out. Don't talk down on them and say what they are doing is a waste of time. No protest is a waste of time. They all have their reasons and their goals. If for nothing else than to send a message.

If I'm in no position to speak on their underlying reason, you certainly aren't in one to call their efforts a "waste of time". The quality of time spent is subjective. What is a waste to you may be all someone else has. Never forget how powerful our voices are. White people (and even some blacks) once said that boycotting the buses on Montgomery was pointless.

And as far as this "liberal narrative" people like to imply exists...don't for one second think that had Hillary won there wouldn't have been protests. The talk was already surfacing prior to the results in talks about a rigged election and interviews with supporters saying they were "ready for the uprising" if the election was "stolen" from Trump. This is no "liberal" agenda...This is the country you live in.

"The issue here is that none of you actually care about the other side."

Nope. The chance was there and they failed at it miserably and are channeling their anger with themselves towards something meaningless. I sat on the 101 freeway the other night when these nimrods were "protesting." I've already seen it first hand and I've seen the type of protester they are.

Of course quality of time is subjective.
I happen to think in this instance there are plenty of people without jobs who have way too much time on their hands. These are people who would actually stand to benefit from a Trump presidency if his policies succeed. It's my opinion. If they want to continue to harp on what could have been then maybe they oughta be angry that their candidate didn't take the time to even come see them, the little guy, during her own campaigning. Even Obama chastised her over this yesterday. And deservedly so.

And please, please, please DO NOT insult those who boycotted buses in Montgomery to this. That was a movement that lead to something enormous. What is happening now is nothing short of political grassroots.

And please stop trying to combat all of this with the argument that Donald Trump supporters would have done the same because it was being implied. It didn't happen, and that is that.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
"The issue here is that none of you actually care about the other side."

Nope. The chance was there and they failed at it miserably and are channeling their anger with themselves towards something meaningless. I sat on the 101 freeway the other night when these nimrods were "protesting." I've already seen it first hand and I've seen the type of protester they are.

You're speaking on the "what" and not the "why". If I watch my kids crying but don't care about why they are crying then I really don't care all that much. You don't sound like you've actually spoken with anyone on the other side of the fence to even try to understand what is going on in this country. Trump is going to build a similar wall of separation.

Of course quality of time is subjective.
I happen to think in this instance there are plenty of people without jobs who have way too much time on their hands. These are people who would actually stand to benefit from a Trump presidency if his policies succeed. It's my opinion. If they want to continue to harp on what could have been then maybe they oughta be angry that their candidate didn't take the time to even come see them, the little guy, during her own campaigning. Even Obama chastised her over this yesterday. And deservedly so.

I never understand why people assume those who protest don't work. Don't you people have PTO or leave or anything in your jobs? Not to mention how insulting it is to imply just because one protests they have nothing else going for them in their lives. Trump alienated a lot of people during his campaign. I never saw Trump before a crowd of minorities. But I see many minorities protesting. I saw Hillary before many minorities. There are more people in America than white middle class workers (which is the predominate demographic Trump spoke with). Trump appealed to African American voters before a crowd of all white people. Who did you say he was spending his time seeing again?

And please, please, please DO NOT insult those who boycotted buses in Montgomery to this. That was a movement that lead to something enormous. What is happening now is nothing short of political grassroots.

The comparison is simple. People who feel as though they have no other means of being heard are exercising their right to protest and be heard. People who feel disenfranchised and unheard simply using their voices. (Aside from those channeling their frustrations in destructive methods. I will never condone or support or defend those actions).

And please stop trying to combat all of this with the argument that Donald Trump supporters would have done the same because it was being implied. It didn't happen, and that is that.

Then please stop pretending this is a "liberal agenda".

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You're speaking on the "what" and not the "why". If I watch my kids crying but don't care about why they are crying then I really don't care all that much. You don't sound like you've actually spoken with anyone on the other side of the fence to even try to understand what is going on in this country. Trump is going to build a similar wall of separation.

Have you ever seen videos of a fight in the stands at a football game? You know, the type of people that you see way in the upper deck and bleachers. That's what I see here in Los Angeles who are "protesting". If you actually believe anyone can sit and have a meaningful conversation with people like that, then more power to you.

I never saw Trump before a crowd of minorities. But I see many minorities protesting. I saw Hillary before many minorities. There are more people in America than white middle class workers (which is the predominate demographic Trump spoke with). Trump appealed to African American voters before a crowd of all white people. Who did you say he was spending his time seeing again?

I said "little guy" and you're equating that with minorities. Why can't people who have suffererd economic injustice be something other than a minority? Why must it always be about African Americans? The people who went out and voted proved exactly what I'm talking about. Talk about builing a wall of separation. Stop mixing race with it.

The comparison is simple. People who feel as though they have no other means of being heard are exercising their right to protest and be heard. People who feel disenfranchised and unheard simply using their voices. (Aside from those channeling their frustrations in destructive methods. I will never condone or support or defend those actions).

Here's a small sample size from the riots in Oregon on people who are there causing trouble but didn't actually use their voices to vote.
More Than Half of Anti-Trump Protesters Arrested in Portland Apparently Didn?t Vote | Mediaite

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever seen videos of a fight in the stands at a football game? You know, the type of people that you see way in the upper deck and bleachers. That's what I see here in Los Angeles who are "protesting". If you actually believe anyone can sit and have a meaningful conversation with people like that, then more power to you.

The one doesn't define the many.

I said "little guy" and you're equating that with minorities. Why can't people who have suffererd economic injustice be something other than a minority? Why must it always be about African Americans? The people who went out and voted proved exactly what I'm talking about. Talk about builing a wall of separation. Stop mixing race with it.

The "little guy" comes in all shapes, sizes and color. Just because you choose to look at one demographic doesn't mean the other doesn't exist. The discussion of race shouldn't always offend those who can't relate. I understand those who felt economically depressed and I've spoken with many of people who voted Trump for that very reason. But there are also other "little guys" who wanted empathy as well that didn't get it.

Here's a small sample size from the riots in Oregon on people who are there causing trouble but didn't actually use their voices to vote.
More Than Half of Anti-Trump Protesters Arrested in Portland Apparently Didn?t Vote | Mediaite

Those are people who should stay at home since they choose to not partake in the process. My argument isn't that every protester is perfect or right. But simply that there is a group of citizens who want to be heard and they have the right to be.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I will NEVER support a man who makes sport of sexually victimizing women, a nazi, a thief, a swindler, a hateful bigot, never. I have survived way too much to meekly accept this revolting excuse for a man as president.

You've been reading, and it looks like believing, all the BS put forward by the ultra left leaning media. I would have thought in this day and age you'd realize the only purpose the press seems to be serving is to stir up disaccord.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, as they say: the proof is in the pudding. For Pete's sake, just look at the people he is putting in his cabinet. If anyone had any doubts as to what kind of administration we will be dealing with, just look at his cabinet.
And if you're not scared, you should be.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, as they say: the proof is in the pudding. For Pete's sake, just look at the people he is putting in his cabinet. If anyone had any doubts as to what kind of administration we will be dealing with, just look at his cabinet.
And if you're not scared, you should be.

Because he may do the "right" thing? A lot of folks might be pretty excited about that???

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
America has spoken. Wait.... Trump lost by a million votes and is the president elect. Wasn't this election rigged, Mr Trump?

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
As a Canadian looking on I found this election to be very entertaining to say the least however it seemed to me a lot of people was in a dammed if I do and damned if I don't situation however I do wish all my American Brothers and Sisters all the best in the next 4 years .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox