03-26-2017 09:06 AM
- Well, as they say: the proof is in the pudding. For Pete's sake, just look at the people he is putting in his cabinet. If anyone had any doubts as to what kind of administration we will be dealing with, just look at his cabinet.
And if you're not scared, you should be.11-16-2016 09:56 PM
- 11-17-2016 04:59 AM
- As a Canadian looking on I found this election to be very entertaining to say the least however it seemed to me a lot of people was in a dammed if I do and damned if I don't situation however I do wish all my American Brothers and Sisters all the best in the next 4 years .11-17-2016 05:17 AM
- 11-17-2016 06:47 AM
Of course.It's time to see what the future holds.11-17-2016 07:04 AM
- Trump? WORK?!?!?! Riiiiiiight... No, he's going to shrug all his responsibilities onto his team, he's picked the most fascist ones of all, including... Bannon. Oh and he wants Sarah Palin as Interior Secretary, whoa, can you wait to see the magnitude what his cabinet alone will be able to screw up? Give him a chance?! He's just shown up exactly what he intends to do: Roll his toxic self all over the White House for photo ops and let his gestapo turn the clock back to 1933, Hey, what could possibly go wrong?11-17-2016 09:41 AM
- Trump? WORK?!?!?! Riiiiiiight... No, he's going to shrug all his responsibilities onto his team, he's picked the most fascist ones of all, including... Bannon. Oh and he wants Sarah Palin as Interior Secretary, whoa, can you wait to see the magnitude what his cabinet alone will be able to screw up? Give him a chance?! He's just shown up exactly what he intends to do: Roll his toxic self all over the White House for photo ops and let his gestapo turn the clock back to 1933, Hey, what could possibly go wrong?11-17-2016 10:34 AM
You've said the fears of Trump were based on ignorance. Were your fears of Obama based on the same?11-17-2016 07:54 PM
How long before Trump supporters realize they've been duped by a con-man? The same kind of con-man that calls old people and swindles them out of their savings.
So much for fixing the system. How about benefiting from it? He's only looking out for one person, not the other 324,999,999.
I'm sure we'll hear this is all lies because Fox News isn't
sugar coatingcovering it.
edit: Maybe he's stuck not realizing how many people he had to hire, beyond getting himself "hired" and he's reaching out to the only people he knows. And maybe he'll still stand to keep those things from happening. Time will tell... I'll still hope he was telling the truth, but won't hold my breath.11-17-2016 08:10 PM
- 11-18-2016 01:49 AM
- I often wonder what exactly the fear was of an Obama presidency? What did he do leading to the time of his election that caused fear and worry? On similar levels of those felt by Trump fears.
You've said the fears of Trump were based on ignorance. Were your fears of Obama based on the same?11-18-2016 08:06 AM
- People have wondered why I haven't replied in this thread as of late. The answer is twofold.
1) I'm busy and will be even busier starting in a couple of days.
2) I've learned that debates/conversations that are fueled primarily by emotion will always end the way they began.
Besides, I don't have patience to deal with the accusations that the Americans who voted for the winner are anything other than Americans who preferred the winner and his vision for America over the loser. The fact that numerous Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Jews, Muslims, and others voted for the winner gets ignored. Furthermore, to hear people claim that their lives have been ruined is ludicrous when in fact the only thing that has been ruined is their victory celebration for the person who eventually lost.
Last edited by Just_Me_D; 11-18-2016 at 09:09 AM.11-18-2016 08:42 AMLike 5
I think this quote is important in my questioning of your fear."Now, Mizzou, I just have two words for you tonight: five days. Five days. After decades of broken politics in Washington, and eight years of failed policies from George W. Bush, and 21 months of a campaign that's taken us from the rocky coast of Maine to the sunshine of California, we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.
"In five days, you can turn the page on policies that put greed and irresponsibility on Wall Street before the hard work and sacrifice of folks on Main Street. In five days, you can choose policies that invest in our middle class, and create new jobs, and grow this economy, so that everyone has a chance to succeed, not just the CEO, but the secretary and janitor, not just the factory owner, but the men and women on the factory floor."
I think the big fear of Trump is the climate his campaign has created. I think it is being naive to pretend as though there isn't a large division in this country right now with his election. Some of the hate spewed during his rallies (I know the conspiracy is all of that was created and fake but there was some real hate at times as well). Not at all of his rallies and not by all of his supporters but it was real. And it has been heavily documented. His implication on bringing back stop and frisk during the second debate. His misogynistic rhetoric (blood coming out of her "wherever", grab them by the p****, Rosie is a fat pig, slamming Ted Cruz's wife, etc). His quickness to push conspiracy theory and unsubstantiated statistics as fact (Ted Cruzs dad may have had something to do with JFKs killing, retweeting horribly incorrect stats on black crime from an unfounded website). His total hypocrisy (See my above pic showing tweets from him after Obama was elected promoting the same thing he is now against).
All of that combined scares me. What kind of man did we just put in the office? And what does it say to our kids? You can say and do whatever you please as long as you promise to make our lives better? I like his "vision". That vision offered by any other person would be awesome, imo. But it's the PERSON that I have an issue with.11-18-2016 10:17 AM
Obama will only impose martial law if it looks like Trump will win
Another Insider Warns Of Martial Law Before Election!11-18-2016 10:21 AM
I agree with your second point. No minds will be changed. But sometimes these conversations are interesting as long as they remain respectful.11-18-2016 10:28 AM
- By kristenelaine1991 in forum iPhone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 11-16-2016, 10:08 AM
- By felloffthetruck in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 32Last Post: 11-14-2016, 06:11 PM
- By mach1man in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 13Last Post: 11-11-2016, 01:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2016, 03:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2016, 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD