I think America let themselves down by electing a man who condones racism, fascism, and bigotry. This is a giant step backwards for America and I hope that country can find away to come together and pull through from this.
    Proof he condones racism and bigotry??
    Just_Me_D and calebt like this.
    11-09-2016 11:40 PM
    You failed to mention the banning of an entire religion, the deportation of 11 million people, the gutting of environmental regulations. The rollback of gay marriage? Am I just fear mongering? These are the things he ran on.
    Nobody is going to "ban an entire religion" or deport 11 million people. Saying those things as he's running isn't the same as it actually being acted upon. Why can't people understand that he was on a campaign? He instantly became a politician once he announced his candidacy. We're smart enough in this country to know that politicians don't really come through on their promises. I'm in the camp that believes that even if he wanted to, he won't be able to accomplish those things. He for sure has his first two years to try to considering the Republicans are in control of the House and Senate. But I don't think it'll happen. Except repealing Obamacare which I can't wait for to happen. It's an absolute failure.

People are just going to have to deal with him as President. And it is TREASONOUS to root for the failure of a President. I didn't vote for him but there is no way I will root against him. Give the man a chance no matter how you feel about him personally. The odometer should start at zero on January 20th. Start judging him objectively starting then. If you think the country is in bad shape in 2 years, complain then.
    calebt likes this.
    11-10-2016 12:09 AM
    I'm not sure what my thoughts are right now, kinda numb. Ask me in about.....six months.
    My thoughts exactly
    11-10-2016 12:41 AM
    Here's an example of "deplorables" from the left.

https://streamable.com/6nwo
    11-10-2016 01:10 AM
    A giant FO from the average citizen to the establishment media... MRC President Brent Bozell on the Results: This Was A Massive Repudiation of the Press
    THIS I very much agree with. Like Brexit over here it sure felt like to a lot of people it was a big FU to elements of the establishment. I didn't get to see your coverage in the US, but in the UK Trump's coverage was near universally negative, and if it was the same over in the US then it is quite remarkable that many people rejected the establishment media.
    11-10-2016 03:46 AM
    When Bush became president in 2000, we quickly understood that Cheney was actually running things.
    This time, Putin is going to be.
    Also I foresee a new increase in sexual assaults against women and murders of minorities including LGBT.
    And we'll be headed to another economic crash in no time at all.
    Apparently Americans are totally cool with inexperience, xenophobia, racism, misogyny and bigotry, hey at least it's not as evil as edukashion.
    This is so much scarier and more embarrassing than 2000 and 2004:
    because this time, we know exactly what to expect.
    I'm not sure I share you concerns about Putin, I think a lot of that is media concocted echo chamber stuff. I don't like the guy, but the idea that he's trying to run western politics and take over the world just doesn't really stand up to scrutiny IMHO. It's like all the 'Russian hacks' stuff around Clinton and the DNC - upon inspection there is nothing close to solid evidence, and nothing approaching a strong statement to the effect from any of the 17 intelligence agencies Clinton claimed had verified it. So she was at best exaggerating and deflecting, if not outright lying about it. Indeed, I think lowering tensions with Russia would be smart. Not because we should let them push us around, but because nobody wins a nuclear war.

I do share some of your concerns about racial, sexual tolerance though, I certainly fear that a President saying things such as he does has the potential to set social progress back in some ways and potentially open the gate to violence committed on ethno-religious or sexual grounds. Let's hope that doesn't happen, I certainly don't think a vast majority of Trump voters would be so inclined.

As for an economic crash, I'm not smart enough to know how and when such a thing might happen, except to say I am absolutely convinced there will be another one in the next few years regardless.
    11-10-2016 03:57 AM
    Here's an example of "deplorables" from the left.

https://streamable.com/6nwo
    I think of myself as being a little bit on the left, but that behaviour is utterly disgusting. Total thugs. There is no need for behaviour like that, and no place for it in our societies. There is no reason not to be civil in our disagreements eh!?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-10-2016 04:11 AM
    I think America let themselves down by electing a man who condones racism, fascism, and bigotry. This is a giant step backwards for America and I hope that country can find away to come together and pull through from this.
    Those things existed before he was elected and they will exist after he's out of office. Telling people that we should not allow people from other countries who are murderers, rapists, and have no intention of assimilating into our culture is not an evil act. It's actually common sense. It's hypocritical of people who opposes the building of a wall around our borders, but overwhelmingly condone building a wall around their home and/or neighborhood. The purpose is the same. Anyway, I respect your opinion, nonetheless, but I respectfully disagree....
    violetjune and tbarker2 like this.
    11-10-2016 06:45 AM
    If HRC had won, and then those who supported Trump started protesting, and bringing up Benghazi, the email scandals, the threats, etc., and then the press started a coordinated effort to print activist type news stories less than 24 hours after calling for unity and acceptance, I wonder what HRC supporters would be saying? My guess would be something like, "Get over it. We won"....
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 11-10-2016 at 07:38 AM.
    11-10-2016 07:24 AM
    I keep reading stories of how people don't know what to do now that the election is over. What kind of crap is that? Life doesn't end because an election is over. If you have a job, go to work. If you are in school, go to class. Life continues and, on many occasions, not in the manner we'd prefer. My gosh! Have we become a nation of dependents? Have we become a nation of people who must be led by the hand? Have we become a nation of people incapable of adjusting to change or adversity? If so, then no wonder certain people are afraid. #smh
    11-10-2016 08:22 AM
    In my city and other cities in the south since his election are starting to see race crimes more than ever(especially against muslims). I expect him to have multiple assassination attempts but I'm over it, maybe now something can get done in America.
    11-10-2016 08:42 AM
    In my city and other cities in the south since his election are starting to see race crimes more than ever(especially against muslims). I expect him to have multiple assassination attempts but I'm over it, maybe now something can get done in America.
    Are you saying that in a little over 24 hours, crimes against Muslims have risen to the "more than ever" level?
    11-10-2016 08:46 AM
    Are you saying that in a little over 24 hours, crimes against Muslims have risen to the "more than ever" level?
    To the point where my old and current universities have issued emails for the safety of those students all I can do is assume so. BUT it is the south so not much surprise.
    11-10-2016 08:47 AM
    To the point where my old and current universities have issued emails for the safety of those students all I can do is assume so. BUT it is the south so not much surprise.
    Issuing emails for the safety of those students is not an acknowledgment of any crimes. In fact, it can be viewed as a call to harm them for the purpose of furthering a narrative. For some people, especially activists, nothing is off limits or out of bounds. Anyway, I hope things remain civil in your area.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-10-2016 08:55 AM
    When Bush became president in 2000, we quickly understood that Cheney was actually running things.
    This time, Putin is going to be.
    Also I foresee a new increase in sexual assaults against women and murders of minorities including LGBT.
    And we'll be headed to another economic crash in no time at all.
    Apparently Americans are totally cool with inexperience, xenophobia, racism, misogyny and bigotry, hey at least it's not as evil as edukashion.
    This is so much scarier and more embarrassing than 2000 and 2004:
    because this time, we know exactly what to expect.
    I have to agree 100% with Evilguppy here. Also, (as a double minority) not only am I terrified of the repercussions of a Trump presidency... I am equally terrified by the fact that Pence is now the VP. What a horrid individual. Another topic that many seem to ignore is the effect Trump will potentially have on the environment. I fear for our planet. Furthermore, this man has no experience with government affairs. Just because you are rich AF and know how to run a business, does not mean you have the knowledge to run a country. These are sad times for the US. I am truly embarrassed.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    11-10-2016 09:22 AM
    As an American/Canadian living abroad I will get to eventually see how this affects me from both sides. I will not give an opinion for now.
    Spencerdl and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-10-2016 09:39 AM
    Issuing emails for the safety of those students is not an acknowledgment of any crimes. In fact, it can be viewed as a call to harm them for the purpose of furthering a narrative. For some people, especially activists, nothing is off limits or out of bounds. Anyway, I hope things remain civil in your area.
    I hope things remain civil everywhere. There are some anecdotes of some incivility if you look for them, so far, but I don't think it reflects on the entire country. This country has always persevered.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-10-2016 09:53 AM
    Has anyone seen what has happened with the Dow? After reality set in, it has reached a record high. The outcome of the election has already made money for a good deal of Americans. This is exceptional news for those with 401Ks and other employment-related retirement savings.
    tbarker2 likes this.
    11-10-2016 09:55 AM
    I really hope that increased race crime doesn't happen. Tbh, racism completely baffles me.

As for the assassination... Well let's hope it doesn't happen. Whatever one thinks of Trump, violence is rarely then answer to any question, though I don't doubt that between elements of the secret state and various wealthy interests that don't like him (many of them had thrown their support behind Hillary) and disgruntled citizens, there are probably quite a few people thinking about it. And the US has a long tradition of political assassinations.

From over here in the UK, many of us are worried about Trump's comments on race etc, but hopeful that he will at least pursue a less interventionist and more peaceful policy in the Middle East and elsewhere, and work to reduce tensions with Russia.
    11-11-2016 04:43 AM
    Well, I'm not an American citizen, but I have been watching the elections fairly closely. I prefer a Trump presidency. Hillary just seems too sly and deceptive to me.
    11-11-2016 05:57 AM
    https://twitter.com/ManikRathee/stat...08766518292480
    https://twitter.com/VAL2D2/status/796476988974239745
    'Sieg Heil,' swastikas, racist Trump graffiti appear in South Philly

This Is Not Fine

I'd like to give him a chance, but he's already called for registering all Muslims (and then saying he didn't say it) so we're not off to a good start. I'm hoping he'll see the chaos his election has caused and call for peace and civility. Even if he didn't outright say for people to paint swastikas on buildings and throw bottles at people, etc., something about him is calling for that from a [hopefully minor] few and he needs to call for a stop to it immediately.
    11-11-2016 06:43 AM
    https://twitter.com/ManikRathee/stat...08766518292480
    https://twitter.com/VAL2D2/status/796476988974239745
    'Sieg Heil,' swastikas, racist Trump graffiti appear in South Philly

This Is Not Fine

I'd like to give him a chance, but he's already called for registering all Muslims (and then saying he didn't say it) so we're not off to a good start. I'm hoping he'll see the chaos his election has caused and call for peace and civility. Even if he didn't outright say for people to paint swastikas on buildings and throw bottles at people, etc., something about him is calling for that from a [hopefully minor] few and he needs to call for a stop to it immediately.
    His election, as if it's his fault, didn't cause the chaos. The chaos was caused by numerous people's reluctance to accept that HRC lost and lost overwhelmingly in a fair and square election. Instead of being adults about it, they threw a temper tantrum using things he said while campaigning as if HRC was just a sweet and Heavenly angel throughout the entire campaign process.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 11-11-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    tbarker2 likes this.
    11-11-2016 08:02 AM
    His election, as if it's his fault, didn't cause the chaos. The chaos was caused by numerous people's reluctance to accept that HRC lost and lost overwhelmingly in a fair and square election. Instead of being adults about it, they threw a temper tantrum using things he said while campaigning as if HRC was just a sweet and Heavenly angel throughout the entire campaign process.
    HUH? What does HRC have to do with the Trump swastikas? The guy called "Apu" and told he'd have to leave now? The gay man hit in the bottle because there's a new president? Are you blaming that on HRC? Wow.
    dsvochak and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-11-2016 09:12 AM
    HUH? What does HRC have to do with the Trump swastikas? The guy called "Apu" and told he'd have to leave now? The gay man hit in the bottle because there's a new president? Are you blaming that on HRC? Wow.
    Of course, not, and it's not the fault of Trump either. The gay man hit with a bottle is the fault of the person who hit him. What does Trump have to do with the swastikas? The people who put out the swastikas are to blame for that, but who's to say that those people weren't activists supporting HRC? It's not uncommon for activists to create a situation that makes it looks as if the opposition is to blame. The guy called "Apu" was not told to leave by Trump.
    Ledsteplin and tbarker2 like this.
    11-11-2016 09:31 AM
    Of course, not, and it's not the fault of Trump either. The gay man hit with a bottle is the fault of the person who hit him. What does Trump have to do with the swastikas? The people who put out the swastikas are to blame for that, but who's to say that those people weren't activists supporting HRC? It's not uncommon for activists to create a situation that makes it looks as if the opposition is to blame. The guy called "Apu" was not told to leave by Trump.
    Never mind
    11-11-2016 09:34 AM
287 1234 ...