Net neutrality takes a major leap today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm cautiously optimistic about this, but something tells me that this was a kind of easy move in the grand chess game that is the government and it's function. Perhaps this was a major, in your face subject that was easy enough for them to appease the part of society that was paying attention without much blowback or repercussion for those involved in passing it.

Or...maybe it's just an awesome victory over tyrannical corporations that made it a necessity to do such a thing in the first place.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The decision, 3 for and 2 against, was divided along political party lines. I'll let you all guess which side was against net neutrality.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Like your ISP? You can keep your ISP... Net Neutrality will be to the Internet what the Affordable Care Act has been to health care.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It is a very good day. Thankful for the democrats and net neutrality. Obamacare has helped millions of uninsured people get insurance while decreasing the rate of increased insurance cost. I'll take that any day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is a very good day. Thankful for the democrats and net neutrality. Obamacare has helped millions of uninsured people get insurance while decreasing the rate of increased insurance cost. I'll take that any day.

(Laughing)....what!?!

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If y'all want to debate the number of people covered now and the rate of the increase in cost to healthcare in this country then I'm happy to do it although it is in the wrong thread. That being said, my statement is absolutely true. You're welcome to hate it from an ideological perspective but from the perspective of reality it is accurate.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If y'all want to debate the number of people covered now and the rate of the increase in cost to healthcare in this country then I'm happy to do it although it is in the wrong thread. That being said, my statement is absolutely true. You're welcome to hate it from an ideological perspective but from the perspective of reality it is accurate.

No, No, No....There's no need. You win...:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming everyone here is comfortable with bloomberg...

Obamacare Effect Linked to Lower Medical Cost Estimates - Bloomberg Business
millions of people were told if they liked their plans, they could keep them... A lie. Millions of people were told if they liked their doctors, they could keep them. Another lie. The same administration that totally hosed the launch of healthcare.gov web site wants to have even more control over the Internet... God help us all.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
millions of people were told if they liked their plans, they could keep them... A lie. Millions of people were told if they liked their doctors, they could keep them. Another lie. The same administration that totally hosed the launch of healthcare.gov web site wants to have even more control over the Internet... God help us all.

I said I'd stay on topic so I'll only address the net neutrality ruling. What didn't you like about the internet over the last 10 years that you feel this ruling changes?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is what most people I know are dealing with! What's good about this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424995642.187874.jpg

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234