The Massacre in Paris

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
By good old Tim, i assume that you're referring to Timothy McVey. He was just as wrong as the Islamist terrorists were. But what about ISIS? There's a group that is taking over whole countries, and imposing their will on the people. Where are the Moslems marching in the streets to oppose ISIS?
Im with you. Get them.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Our President on Radical Islam:

1. “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”

2. “Islam has always been part of America”

3. “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.”

I admit that there may be instances of the president speaking as favorably of Christianity as he does of Islam, but I am not aware of them.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Not all Muslims are bad, however...
View attachment 75233

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

While all those acts you listed are despicable acts of violence that I condemn to the highest degree, to be fair and balanced, wasn't there a Catholic organization that formed in Ireland to fight the Protestant landlords and bombed the heck out of the UK for many years for supporting the Protestants? Maybe if you took a look here at what the IRA did: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_London

#JeSuisCharlie I believe in freedom of speech

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
While all those acts you listed are despicable acts of violence that I condemn to the highest degree, to be fair and balanced, wasn't there a Catholic organization that formed in Ireland to fight the Protestant landlords and bombed the heck out of the UK for many years for supporting the Protestants? Maybe if you took a look here at what the IRA did: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_London

Are you anti American?

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Our President on Radical Islam:

1. ?Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.?

2. ?Islam has always been part of America?

3. ?These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam?s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.?

I admit that there may be instances of the president speaking as favorably of Christianity as he does of Islam, but I am not aware of them.

I guarantee that the pilgrims said "Allah Akbar" when they set foot on American soil!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
By good old Tim, i assume that you're referring to Timothy McVey. He was just as wrong as the Islamist terrorists were. But what about ISIS? There's a group that is taking over whole countries, and imposing their will on the people. Where are the Moslems marching in the streets to oppose ISIS?

Were you expecting to see footage on fox news? Once again you have no idea what level of protests are going on and as I stated before. A ton of the members of Isis are youth and the disenfranchised from the west.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Were you expecting to see footage on fox news? Once again you have no idea what level of protests are going on and as I stated before. A ton of the members of Isis are youth and the disenfranchised from the west.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Hillary: America Must ‘Respect,’ ‘Empathize with’ Our Enemies. I see you subscribe to the doctrine.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The Moors and the Jews were run out of Spain in 1492. I'm thinking that most of the Moors went back to North Africa, and most of the Jews went north to France, England, and Ireland. :p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Disgusting acts committed by radicals. The real question boils down to this though...in our world of picking and choosing which parts of a religion you deem worthy of representing, what do true fundamentalists represent?

It would seem in our modern society, it's easy to look at Islam and stereotype because amongst the violent religious sects, Islam is right in your face consistently, and it also brings with it a very vaguely understood set of practices to the western world.

A good example of radical Christian fundamentalists would be Westboro Baptist Church. They tend to be less violent, and more offensive...but the response is absolutely defined...they are considered outcasts, radicals and nut jobs. I like to think that the same can be said about the sects of the Islamic faith, and that people view them similarly...but over the years, I have seen some contrary attitudes from people who I would normally view as pretty "level headed" in terms of morality to your fellow man, regardless of religious belief. Instead of showing disdain towards such actions, they simply isolate themselves from such and say they would never do that...indicating to me that they don't necessarily see it as something "wrong", but as something they wouldn't or couldn't do independently.

But at the end of the day...there are radical groups in every religion. Even Buddhists, long considered to be the most peaceful of religious lifestyles, have their groups...

A Coordinated Extremist Buddhist Network Is Sowing Hatred Across Asia

Prejudice is a nasty thing...unfortunately there's plenty of fuel to perpetuate the action.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

The I.R.A is something that i know a little bit about. While the bombings were horrific, the organization of the I.R.A wasn't even near the size of ISIS, or any of the other radical Islamist groups. The I.R.A didn't want to take control of England or France. They didn't want to impose their religion on anyone. All they wanted was the northern six counties of their own land back.:p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro