Today the GOP Take Control of Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
MSNBC is loads better than Fox News, that's for sure. They don't openly push the rich right mans agenda.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

No, they openly and blatantly push the WH agenda, even if it means editing video clips and inserting whatever they need into those videos. At least Fox has debate from both sides, which is something that MSNBC never does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, they openly and blatantly push the WH agenda, even if it means editing video clips and inserting whatever they need into those videos. At least Fox has debate from both sides, which is something that MSNBC never does.

Fox rarely allows both sides. I never said MSNBC was good, I just said they are a step above Fox News.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Fox rarely allows both sides. I never said MSNBC was good, I just said they are a step above Fox News.

Fox rarely DOESN'T allow both sides. That just shows that you haven't watched it to know that, and are just spouting something that you read. As far as MSNBC, their ratings are in the tank, as no one watches it.

Refer to post #14.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You know, I applaud you for being in college to advance your education, and I appreciate your interest in politics. Having said that, education and interest do not equate to wisdom and to being right. You lack life experiences to understand and/or accept many of the truths you are vigorously opposing. Many of us are already college educated. We've already had long and successful careers. We've already grown from being boys to men. We've already gone through the stage of thinking we knew it all just to learn later on how stupid we really were. I'm not saying these things to be mean or degrading, and I hope you don't take it that way, but I am trying to share just a bit of wisdom and offer a little bit of advice. If you only seek answers from places or sources you're comfortable with, how will you ever understand the viewpoint of those who are outside your comfort zone? Just a little food for thought. Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Fox rarely DOESN'T allow both sides. That just shows that you haven't watched it to know that, and are just spouting something that you read. As far as MSNBC, their ratings are in the tank, as no one watches it.

Refer to post #14.

I have actually watched Fox News. They rarely allow both sides and spin things.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You know, I applaud you for being in college to advance your education, and I appreciate your interest in politics. Having said that, education and interest do not equate to wisdom and to being right. You lack life experiences to understand and/or accept many of the truths you are vigorously opposing. Many of us are already college educated. We've already had long and successful careers. We've already grown from being boys to men. We've already gone through the stage of thinking we knew it all just to learn later on how stupid we really were. I'm not saying these things to be mean or degrading, and I hope you don't take it that way, but I am trying to share just a bit of wisdom and offer a little bit of advice. If you only seek answers from places or sources you're comfortable with, how will you ever understand the viewpoint of those who are outside your comfort zone? Just a little food for thought. Enjoy your day.

Who says I only watch one source? This entire paragraph is based on the assumption that I do not allow other viewpoints. I do, otherwise I wouldn't spend time even on such a conservative political section like iMores. I am more than willing to hear more than one side. But if someone can point out why my opinion is worthless besides (AGAIN) referring to my age, I am more than willing to take a read. Otherwise no ones opinion here is worth more than my own, point blank.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Who says I only watch one source? This entire paragraph is based on the assumption that I do not allow other viewpoints. I do, otherwise I wouldn't spend time even on such a conservative political section like iMores. I am more than willing to hear more than one side. But if someone can point out why my opinion is worthless besides (AGAIN) referring to my age, I am more than willing to take a read. Otherwise no ones opinion here is worth more than my own, point blank.

Nowhere in my comments did I say that your views are pointless. I was actually trying to share some wisdom with you, but apparently you are too closed minded or are so bent on holding on to your views/stance that you've missed out on an opportunity to learn something that will help you later in life. Having said that, be well, and my apologies if you were offended.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Nowhere in my comments did I say that your views are pointless. I was actually trying to share some wisdom with you, but apparently you are too closed minded or are so bent on holding on to your views/stance that you've missed out on an opportunity to learn something that will help you later in life. Having said that, be well, and my apologies if you were offended.

Unfortunately I was offended, but I doubt it matters whether I was or was not. And unfortunately all I got from that post is that because of my age I lack life experiences and don't have any insight into the topics we discuss.

If I had not mentioned my age would everyone not talk down to me as much as they do now? Because everything was going fine, then when I mentioned I go to college, I get insulted because of my youth, even though before no one was none the wiser before and had no issues with people saying I am some dumb kid.

Also unfortunately, you haven't said anything I haven't heard a ton before. But to assume I don't know any truths to real life just because of my age is just wrong. But, as always someone will disregard what I say and say something else.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I was offended, but I doubt it matters whether I was or was not. And unfortunately all I got from that post is that because of my age I lack life experiences and don't have any insight into the topics we discuss.

If I had not mentioned my age would everyone not talk down to me as much as they do now? Because everything was going fine, then when I mentioned I go to college, I get insulted because of my youth, even though before no one was none the wiser before and had no issues with people saying I am some dumb kid.

Also unfortunately, you haven't said anything I haven't heard a ton before. But to assume I don't know any truths to real life just because of my age is just wrong. But, as always someone will disregard what I say and say something else.

As a young man, I used to get irritated when older people referred to me as a kid. In my mind, I was "grown" and was able to think for myself, do my own things and I had the same freedoms they enjoyed. Yet, because I was trying so hard to prove my adulthood and to prove that my young age didn't matter, I failed to grasp (at the time) the most basic principle of adulthood, and that's when to accept advice, wisdom, and rebukes from the very people I was trying to prove wrong. Once I learned how to do that, I discovered that those people were not trying to harm me or demean me. Their wisdom allowed them to see much more than my youth allowed me to see. I learned that, on many occasions, it wasn't that I was wrong -- I was merely lacking in detail. Anyway, I've got things to do outside of iMore. Again, my apologies for offending you. Take care.

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Getting offended while discussing politics? LOL What planet are you from? Just proves their point that you need to grow up. This world isn't a warm and welcoming place. Fyi.
I'm younger than you. It's a given fact that age will be a factor of ridicule, especially when discussing a grown up topic like politics. One thing I realize that you don't seem to is that I don't know everything, especially about politics. And I acknowledge that the older men in this thread are far more qualified to discuss this because they have had real life experience. While you and me may have SOME real life experience that influences our political views, we don't have any compared to older people that have had successful careers & lives.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have actually watched Fox News. They rarely allow both sides and spin things.

They will have a person from the right and the left on 99% of their discussions, unlike MSNBC which only has a liberal view.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Thats not true in any way. What you think the WH agenda is - isn't factual. And there is no single democrat point of view. They play politics within their own party right now just as much as republicans have at other times in the past. Your views posted here are often rhetoric and no substance.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
They will have a person from the right and the left on 99% of their discussions, unlike MSNBC which only has a liberal view.

Fox often does find a patsy to shout at. You are right - they are unique in doing that. And its more evidence of their clear agenda. You love their point of view. Why pretend the bias doesn't exist?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thats not true in any way. What you think the WH agenda is - isn't factual. And there is no single democrat point of view. They play politics within their own party right now just as much as republicans have at other times in the past. Your views posted here are often rhetoric and no substance.

Chuckles... It is true..Chuckles some more.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Fox often does find a patsy to shout at. You are right - they are unique in doing that. And its more evidence of their clear agenda. You love their point of view. Why pretend the bias doesn't exist?

Fox has the slogan “fair and balance. Because liberals can’t stand the fact that Conservatives will actually talk about ALL the details of politics not just the ones that “sound appealing”.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
MSNBC is loads better than Fox News, that's for sure. They don't openly push the rich right mans agenda.

Have you ever even tried watching Fox News for more re than 20 seconds? The way you talk about sounds like you?ve never even watched it. Your opinion on the the matter is very skewed, Fox News is one of the few national news stations that gives both sides. The anchors on at the time may weigh in and tell what they believe in but by no means are they ?Trying to you convince you how to think, what to think and who to hate?. Fox News gives you a lot of freedom to make your own decisions based on the FACTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen