Thoughts on Senate CIA report

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
"McCain he's not worthy of being a senator?" No.

I just answered why I think he is not worthy of being a senator.

So, all members of Congress whom you disagree with on torture-matters are not worthy of being senators and congressmen/women? Even the ones you might have voted for?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So, all members of Congress whom you disagree with on torture-matters are not worthy of being senators and congressmen/women? Even the ones you might have voted for?

I believe I stated earlier in the thread what I thought of the Democratic-Led Committee who brought this to light.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I didn't read the entire thread, so forgive me. But I get the gist of it. Let's just agree to disagree on this, because you'd probably disagree with me that one opinion (in this case torture; tomorrow it'll be something else), isn't enough for me to determine a senator's unworthiness. That same senator could favorably voice his/her opinion on something you strongly agree on, next time.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It is funny how we are praising a Republicans words on torture and Republican members on this forum are denouncing him. Lol

Posted via the iMore App for Android

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This thread has covered the following:
- having ideals - for me Ben Franklin quote says it all
- a moral argument against torture - enough has been said I think.
- by those that know torture - I'm with John McCain on this one. It is ineffective and wrong.
- a world view that if we misbehave it give the future radicals fuel to recruit. This is the most debatable but the least important IMO.

How about a legal argument - this is just a part of it but let's start with this:
6th amendment:
Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8th amendment:
Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who is going to dare come back with the retort: This is interrogation not punishment. In advance I say, give me a break. When the government comes for you or your family in the future using this same justification what will you think then? The cliche 'The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions' is appropriate.

The U.S Constitution only applies to American citizens.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
We are also signers of the Geneva convention. Oh wait enemy combatants.... Basically semantics

Morals? You've got a lot of nerve standing on your self righteous stump. Don't you dare preach your ignorant hypocritical garbage with out looking in the mirror first. Where is your condemnation of those islamic savages that brutality raped, and murdered Ambassador Chris Stevan's and then dragged his naked body through the streets of Benghazi?

The Democratic Party, there liberal/progressive minions prove daily that they are devoid of moral compass.

Last edited:

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Morals? You've got a lot of nerve standing on your self righteous stump. Don't you dare preach your ignorant hypocritical garbage with out looking in the mirror first. Where is your condemnation of those islamic savages that brutality raped, and murdered Ambassador Chris Stevan's and then dragged his naked body through the streets of Bengazi?

The Democratic Party, there liberal/progressive minions prove daily that they are devoid of moral compass.

Oh, god, a Benghazi reference.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Morals? You've got a lot of nerve standing on your self righteous stump. Don't you dare preach your ignorant hypocritical garbage with out looking in the mirror first. Where is your condemnation of those islamic savages that brutality raped, and murdered Ambassador Chris Stevan's and then dragged his naked body through the streets of Benghazi?

I didn't know I had to actively condemn them, I thought we pretty much agreed on their place in history. But if it makes you feel better , they are some sick and twisted f....... On that side of the world.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
“Taliban storm Pakistani school, killing 126” Mostly Kids.
Taliban storm Pakistani school, killing 126

This is why we do what we do; we don’t need this coming to America.

Now is a good time for all those who like to reason, negotiate with people who want to kill you just for your religious beliefs or way of life, to get on plane and fly to Washington and have Mr. Obama fly you over to Pakistan, so you can sit down and negotiate the stopping of this type of carnage. I can only imagine how those talks would end.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Or you quoting the daily caller!!!! Lmao!!!! I thought Obama was Christian following reverend wright, man, I get so lost in the conspiracies sometimes ....

Ignoring the facts. Yet again.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
?Taliban storm Pakistani school, killing 126? Mostly Kids.
Taliban storm Pakistani school, killing 126

This is why we do what we do; we don?t need this coming to America.

Now is a good time for all those who like to reason, negotiate with people who want to kill you just for your religious beliefs or way of life, to get on plane and fly to Washington and have Mr. Obama fly you over to Pakistan, so you can sit down and negotiate the stopping of this type of carnage. I can only imagine how those talks would end.

I'm confused... Hillary, said "we must empathize with our enemies" " we should try to understand Americas enemies" and show respect.

Chuckles

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe you to be right sad. On a good note, I heard this on the radio today about Jeb Bush.

"Actively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States."

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
We are also signers of the Geneva convention. Oh wait enemy combatants.... Basically semantics

The Geneva Convention is a good thing and all that, but you can’t have only one side obeying the rules of war. When the Geneva Convention was signed it was a different time and a different kind of enemy.

Me personally I just don’t believe in war with rules, if you are going to go to war you have to go with the will to win and that means total war, unfortunately it is an ugly thing. This is why I am against war. This war was brought to us and if I read the media right the Extreme Islamist declared war on the US and I’m sure they are for total war.
I get so pissed when these Politicians form committees denouncing the United States during these times. Plus I have a Son in the Military who has been to Korea twice Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. I just can’t stand when Politicians send our boys and girls to hostile countries and then place such strict rules on them. On the other hand they want to give enemy combatants the same rights as US citizens. It makes me sick to my stomach when I think they are given better heath care then our returning veterans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR