Thoughts on Senate CIA report

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't torture people, period. What I find extremely disturbing is how you justify it. Aggression breeds aggression.

So you don't value your family's lives that much? Unbelievable.
I justify protecting American lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I think again the question isn't whether we should do whatever we need to, the question was is torture effective in getting information. The problem is someone being tortured is trying to figure out what you want to hear in order to give you that information as opposed to telling you the truth. It has been shown that torture is not effective to getting quality information that's the issue. That's what the report was trying to show that no credible info actually came from the torture.

That has not been shown at all. I am not going to repeat it, but Sean's reply is spot on.
Intel from those interrogations is still being used today, so there goes your "no credible info" theory.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't torture people, period. What I find extremely disturbing is how you justify it. Aggression breeds aggression.

The simple fact that people don't get this is mind blowing. The CIA isn't solving terrorism (imo), heck some would/could argue that they're creating more of it. I'm not surprised or shocked at all by any of this.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The simple fact that people don't get this is mind blowing. The CIA isn't solving terrorism (imo), heck some would/could argue that they're creating more of it. I'm not surprised or shocked at all by any of this.

They are not trying to solve it. They are trying to fight it and possibly stay ahead of it with some good intel. The fact that you don't get this is mind-blowing.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
They are not trying to solve it. They are trying to fight it and possibly stay ahead of it with some good intel. The fact that you don't get this is mind-blowing.

Wouldn't you want to solve it (or at least figure out the root of the problem) vs spending billions of dollars or even worst losing lives trying to fight it? America plays/played a large role in creating the amount of hate that we receive not only from an international standpoint but domestically as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Again, the assumption is that torturing means you'll get credible and useful information. The studies show he opposite, most anyone under torture will say whatever you want them to say.

Moreover, you are assuming hey are guilty , it's a very slippery slope.

Again, this smacks of politics. There is evidence and proof that mild torture (waterboarding) actually did aid in the eventual locating and killing of Bin Laden. The democratic report is a farce and politically motivated. Torture does work. That said, we're not talking cutting fingers off or cigarette burns.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Man, talk about a hypocritical President!
On enhanced interrogation- "this is not who we are", and says this while killing innocent civilians with drones (and even "terrorists" that haven't been verified of wrongdoing).

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Man, talk about a hypocritical President!
On enhanced interrogation- "this is not who we are", and says this while killing innocent civilians with drones (and even "terrorists" that haven't been verified of wrongdoing).

It's one thing to inadvertently kill civilians, it's another thing to purposely torture them. The analogy is not congruent.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Again, this smacks of politics. There is evidence and proof that mild torture (waterboarding) actually did aid in the eventual locating and killing of Bin Laden. The democratic report is a farce and politically motivated. Torture does work. That said, we're not talking cutting fingers off or cigarette burns.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Can you point to this evidence? Also, what is mild water boarding???

I fine this humorous because who is politically gaining by this report being released? Certainly not the WH who had been accused of not being transparent on the issue and continueing the policies, so, what democratic gain is there? I personally am not for or against I'm just pointing out that evidence shows torture is not useful it getting accurate information.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
So you don't value your family's lives that much? Unbelievable.
I justify protecting American lives.

Of course I value my family's lives.

Let's face it, my idea of what is morally right and your idea of what is morally right are the antithesis of each other.

Now if you think I am sympathetic to the jihadists cutting heads off, I am not. All they are doing is twisting Islam around to justify their brutality, just like others have twisted their religion around to justify their brutality throughout history.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Politics for who's gain??? Please break down your conspiracy

This was done during a Republican administration, so the Dems are using it to throw them in a bad light. They are desperate for anything before the Republicans take control of the Senate.
I do find it strange that Dianne Feinstein approved of the interrogations when they were going on.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
This was done during a Republican administration, so the Dems are using it to throw them in a bad light. They are desperate for anything before the Republicans take control of the Senate.
I do find it strange that Dianne Feinstein approved of the interrogations when they were going on.

I guess you haven't heard the lambasting Obama had gotten for supposedly covering up th report for 6 years, and continuing many of the same practices, and the request for him to purge the CIA for his administration especially Brennan. I think like most of the topics you claim to have a pulse on have done very little reading on the subject.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess you haven't heard the lambasting Obama had gotten for supposedly covering up th report for 6 years, and continuing many of the same practices, and the request for him to purge the CIA for his administration especially Brennan. I think like most of the topics you claim to have a pulse on have done very little reading on the subject.

Obama banned those practices when he took office.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro