Thoughts on Senate CIA report

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Like what? I asked someone earlier this and they ran away from the convo...what better ways would you suggest?
I would like to see if we can work on suggestion. I have seen it works a bit, but I wonder if it can be used to find more sensitive information.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You are sick.
Or either a 20 year-old college student that has been brainwashed by liberal professors.
Or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should think you are sick for justifying physical harm to a means. I understand people are willing to do anything for family but torture seems extreme.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Torture itself may not be one of the Main reasons middle eastern organizations hate us it does tarnish our image as a land of being free.

Torture could further provoke these people to take action against us. This us way we need better ways of interrogation or learning information.

NOT torturing them will NOT cause them to like us and leave us alone.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If the current admin had approved these methods right wing would be all over it as against our values, illegal, immoral, destroying or way of life on and on. See drones for perfect analog. Torture is wrong in all circumstances. And i am not 20.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Extreme but necessary.

How is stuffing food in someone's rectum or near drowning them necessary? People under high duress are more likely to say anything to make it stop. I mean is information gained under high stress even reliable?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If the current admin had approved these methods right wing would be all over it as against our values, illegal, immoral, destroying or way of life on and on. See drones for perfect analog. Torture is wrong in all circumstances. And i am not 20.

So, if your family was in terrorists' hands, and torture was the ONLY method for safe recovery, you are saying that you would let them die? Wow!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
How is stuffing food in someone's rectum or near drowning them necessary? People under high duress are more likely to say anything to make it stop. I mean is information gained under high stress even reliable?

Reliable according to CIA officials.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So, if your family was in terrorists' hands, and torture was the ONLY method for safe recovery, you are saying that you would let them die? Wow!

My understanding of the objectives of these interrogations was either to find out what happened, make connections between people or find out what could happen.

The fictional scenario you are posing is more like an NCIS episode.

The real question is: is it worth it for preventing future attacks?

I say no. Not only is it wrong, it's ineffective.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
8288c912faa1939525366edcf96a48af.jpg

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Reliable according to CIA officials.

You mean the ones who lied before about those reports? I don't know why you keep trying to rely on what they say when it has already proven they lied about a lot of stuff they were doing and saying.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not quite true. It will take away future anger.

Are you for real, you think sitting down and having coffee and cake, asking a few questions will make the people this thread is talking about stop hating you, for what you believe?

They're going to hate you now and want to kill you in the future no matter how respectful and nice you are.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you for real, you think sitting down and having coffee and cake, asking a few questions will make the people this thread is talking about stop hating you, for what you believe?

They're going to hate you now and want to kill you in the future no matter how respectful and nice you are.

It is simple. Every person tortured creates anger from those after them. If we keep doing it we continue to justify the anger.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It is simple. Every person tortured creates anger from those after them. If we keep doing it we continue to justify the anger.

I disagree with you; the anger was taught way before America was even a country

I bet you would be singing a different tune if it were your son in one of those video's about to be beheaded.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry if torture doesn't appeal to me. And we can negotiate with them, as evidenced in the past. It doesn't have to come down to torturing someone.

I guess it comes down to definition of torture then. Which prisoner was actually physically harmed? Were there broken bones? Burn marks? Cuts or lacerations? What?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If you don't approve of those terrible acts then you shouldn't want us to be engaging in torture. Even small steps in that direction are not right.

And you are wrong, it would be selfish of me to want my countrymen to disregard its principles just to benefit my family. I can have both pride in my country and deplore terrorism.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW