Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've lived in NYC my entire life with the exception of a year in Tokyo to study and work. I have NEVER seen a white valet. I see more Latino valets than anything else.

I don't live in New York. Never been there. My community is small and we only have one place with valet service, and those I've seen are white. I don't eat there because it's too expensive. So, no I've never been mistaken for a valet guy. But neither have I been mistaken for the CEO of a major corporation. This whole issue is B$.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
They only warned white people. It's a systematic warning notification that's been in place for hundreds of years...

Awe I see you moved to what one calls straw man, say something absurd to try and negate the argument, did anyone claim something as absurd as they only warned white people. Most of he deaths were seniors and at hospitals people who can not on their own leave. So with that said where was the response for those individuals ??? To imply everyone can leave is a ridiculous claim.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
President Bush does not care about old people...and new born babies...oh, and blacks too.

You said that, not me. Using an absurd argument to try and negate someone else's argument is called a straw man argument. Because it doesnt actually address comments made by the individual. I have never claimed anything about whether bush, cares about babies , old people , or black people.

Last edited:

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns....and clowns.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Acadia11, is that you?? Sure sounds like it.

Chuckles

Does that sound like me. I'm far more eloquent than to play the blame game, as it would devalue my argument and not further my point. And I infact do not agree with the poster, in this regard that whites are inherently more racist than any other group. While the results of colonialism may have had more near term impact on our present day, I do not feel that whites are anymore or less racist, I do feel that the impact of colonialism and imperialism by European nations has shaped the modern day in terms of racism, global dynamics, even whole continents. And to that extent has been more devastating but this in so far it's the most complete and recent implementation of systematic racism.

A great book on the subject is Exterminate all the brutes, which examines or relates how koseph conrads, heart of darkness , the basis for apocalypse now, commented on the Barbarianism of European colonialism and imperialism. More importantly it surmises Hitler is seen as the culmination of these practices and was no more or less racist than the rest of Europe, essentially, he visited upon Europe and Europeans what they had been doing in their colonies for centuries. Moreover industrial might final aligned with Barbarianism of racism that was difference. So, the question are Whites more or less racist is for me moot, it's not question of how racist, it's a question of impact of that racism and the European colonialism and imperialism was essentially the first time the world saw and instituted global systematic racism, this is the difference. Whites are no more or less racist than anyone else but the consequences of that racism has been different.

Last edited:

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe Obama only likes white people since his response to that little storm that New York City had was stern and quick.

Actually us NYC'ers survivors. We don't need Obama any more than we needed Bush after 9-11.

We handle our problems on our ow.

And actually don't like when folks come in from other place and attempt to interfere with our way of life.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns....and clowns.

Didn't you say "goodbye"to this thread like 5 times already?

Actually there are three types. Losers, Users and The Masters.

Watching you guys go back and forth is interesting.

If you actually believe that the POTUS is really in control of anything(either party) you're not as intelligent as you'd like to believe you are.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Didn't you say "goodbye"to this thread like 5 times already?

Actually there are three types. Losers, Users and The Masters.

Watching you guys go back and forth is interesting.

If you actually believe that the POTUS is really in control of anything(either party) you're not as intelligent as you'd like to believe you are.

Chuckles

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Actually us NYC'ers survivors. We don't need Obama any more than we needed Bush after 9-11.

We handle our problems on our ow.

And actually don't like when folks come in from other place and attempt to interfere with our way of life.

Really all that federal aid didn't help. Actually most of all the northeast states send more money to the Feds than they receive. The only state that is red where it's even 1-1, is Texas! And that will be a blue state too soon enough. Stick with us, if you want for a fair wealthy state vote donkey!

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't live in New York. Never been there. My community is small and we only have one place with valet service, and those I've seen are white. I don't eat there because it's too expensive. So, no I've never been mistaken for a valet guy. But neither have I been mistaken for the CEO of a major corporation. This whole issue is B$.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

So what you're saying is that your lifestyle and experience isn't as sophisticated as others might be, so your viewpoint on what is happening in the rest of the word is also limited?

AND, so saying, your point of view MIGHT be a bit narrower than another's?

I'm in a CITY of 8.3mm bodies.

I would like to believe that MY observation of having never seen a white valet would hold more weight to this specific point than yours.

You have to admit that it's hard for you to see a certain point-of-view when you have nothing to reference.

It would be like me trying to argue against the quality of 'small town' living when I've never lived in one.

That's fair to say. Yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods