Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are truly trying to say there is not black on white racism? If so, you're a f*#cking imbecile...no two ways about it. You are supporting the idea that due to historic racial events, black people are the ONLY people who can experience racism? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever read...truly, cringe worthy idiocy.

I was saying that racism of ANY kind is an issue. Hating or treating a person differently than another based solely on their race is despicable. I know it happens...happens all over the world amongst all races. Yet you want to try and tell me that there is no other issue besides white on black racism?

Seriously...I can't believe how stupid that sounds. I can't believe someone would actually try and support that. Even a person like you, who's posts across this forum are typically asinine...this is beyond what I even expect from you!

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You are truly trying to say there is not black on white racism? If so, you're a f*#cking imbecile...no two ways about it. You are supporting the idea that due to historic racial events, black people are the ONLY people who can experience racism? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever read...truly, cringe worthy idiocy.

I was saying that racism of ANY kind is an issue. Hating or treating a person differently than another based solely on their race is despicable. I know it happens...happens all over the world amongst all races. Yet you want to try and tell me that there is no other issue besides white on black racism?

Seriously...I can't believe how stupid that sounds. I can't believe someone would actually try and support that. Even a person like you, who's posts across this forum are typically asinine...this is beyond what I even expect from you!

I've never said there isn't or is black in white racism, but the issue is not individual racism. Moreover to try to imply, yes due to historical events, that white racism or the advantage of being white is somehow been reversed such that "black" racism could remotely influence society to the same degree is absurd.

The very notion is ridiculous on so many levels. Again, you are concerned wth individual racism, do you really believe blacks give a isht that someone calls them N.... Do you know how many times that's happened in my life? Do you think it's something I even notice anymore, this sort of incident means absolutely nothing to me. It's the systematic advantage that being white due to historical context that concerns minorities. This is the issue, the system of racism not personal events of racist acts. And it's not even something most whites notice because they are never in situations where their very "skin color" puts them at a systematic disadvantage.

I'll give you an example start a business in the tech industry , would you ever think about well gee Im white I have to be conscious to make sure I have white partners in order to be seen as legitimate? This is the kind of things being black forces you to think about ... That's racism , that's what minorities care about not that someone is running around with a hood, which frankly today isn't even something to take serious.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My response became personal because of YOUR WORDS...you called the idea that black on white racism is a problem ridiculous...you're basically saying that it isn't a problem. That is just the thinking of an simpleton. Someone who can't see beyond his own prejudices, angers and racial thoughts. You feel that me saying it's a problem is me also saying it's just as bad as any other type of racism. I never qualified that...you assumed it, and made yourself look like a tool bag coming back at me like you did. Bravo there buddy.

And how on earth did you deduce that is what I felt racism was all about from what I posted? Seriously? Are you just grabbing at imaginary words that were never said in the air and getting pissed off about them? Then replying in a way that makes it seem like I said them? LOL!

And of course I recognize white privilege. I've grown up in it, watching it all around me. The beauty of being someone who befriended almost nothing BUT minority friends and married a Spanish woman is being able to stand outside of the bubble that so many white people are placed in, to observe things...not that it makes me experienced in the type of racism a black person is exposed to (how could I? I'm white!), but to imply some kind of sheltered life? There's that ugly prejudice kicking in.

This goes back to my original statement. It's real easy to prejudge someone because of their skin tone isn't it?

Your pouring gas on the fire if you think the only "major problem" is white on black racism. My original post put it simply...eradicate ALL types or racism by adjusting, correcting and eliminating prejudices. No where in my comment did I try to diminish the issues of white on black racism, nor did I try to elect one racism as more or less important...what I said was you won't get anywhere when people are so full of prejudices, they won't consider that others, regardless of race, might just know EXACTLY where they're coming from, and might want to work totally WITH them to achieve something. Nope, instead, we have people who would rather start mob mentalities based on media exploitation...we have hordes of people who would rather burn a city down on an idea that might have been COMPLETELY fabricated...because of a prejudgement, assumption or false martyr.

What a shame. Guess the only person who can be a victim these days is a black person in your eyes. Too many people like you in the world...dangerously saturated with such ideas, with no real reference of logic. Quick to jump down someone's throat because you're angry about something...never really taking the time to read or comprehend what they're saying because you want to push a point that you never give them a chance to retort on, because you automatically assume their answer...based on absolutely nothing but assumption.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
And how on earth did you deduce that is what I felt racism was all about from what I posted? Seriously? Are you just grabbing at imaginary words that were never said in the air and getting pissed off about them? Then replying in a way that makes it seem like I said them? LOL!

And of course I recognize white privilege. I've grown up in it, watching it all around me. The beauty of being someone who befriended almost nothing BUT minority friends and married a Spanish woman is being able to stand outside of the bubble that so many white people are placed in, to observe things...not that it makes me experienced in the type of racism a black person is exposed to (how could I? I'm white!), but to imply some kind of sheltered life? There's that ugly prejudice kicking in.

This goes back to my original statement. It's real easy to prejudge someone because of their skin tone isn't it?

Your pouring gas on the fire if you think the only "major problem" is white on black racism. My original post put it simply...eradicate ALL types or racism by adjusting, correcting and eliminating prejudices. No where in my comment did I try to diminish the issues of white on black racism, nor did I try to elect one racism as more or less important...what I said was you won't get anywhere when people are so full of prejudices, they won't consider that others, regardless of race, might just know EXACTLY where they're coming from, and might want to work totally WITH them to achieve something. Nope, instead, we have people who would rather start mob mentalities based on media exploitation...we have hordes of people who would rather burn a city down on an idea that might have been COMPLETELY fabricated...because of a prejudgement, assumption or false martyr.

What a shame. Guess the only person who can be a victim these days is a black person in your eyes. Too many people like you in the world...dangerously saturated with such ideas, with no real reference of logic. Quick to jump down someone's throat because you're angry about something...never really taking the time to read or comprehend what they're saying because you want to push a point that you never give them a chance to retort on, because you automatically assume their answer...based on absolutely nothing but assumption.

I have to ask again did you even bother reading the article? Comparing blacks and Spanish in America is simply absurd. You didn't say a lot of things but the arguments you make , I have minority friends, I married a Spanish woman, means to me you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's not a better of worse it's a frame of reference in historical contexts absolutely, the experience of blacks in US history is unique compared to other groups , just like say the experience of native Americans is unique, or Jews during Ww2 , ... Again you are caught up in the individual actions and I'm trying to get you to see the systematic difference and there is.

Finally, who said I'm angry. I suggest you step away from the conversation read it tomorrow with an open mind and note the difference in my tone from yours. I've never said anything personally about you, but it's ironic for you it's instantly seen that way. Read the article please, because it shows how differently you view this topic from myself, despite all you think you know...it's actually fascinating. Down to the talk about having minority friends.

Finally, on the victim bit, i find it hilarious because you presume I'm saying no one else can be a victim, or I see myself as a victim, I'm pretty well off and nothing outside looking in for me to be angry about but I also recognize the the experience of blacks in the uS is very unique compared to other groups. To me it's just an ism, it is, it's not in relation to others it's a simple fact, one could argue Native Americans aren't the only ones that could be victims but who cares the point is that their history in the uS is unique compared other groups. Why is it difficult for you to accept history in this way? Experiences are not equal, so why are you trying to pretend they are???

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Sean, I have a better question what is the big racist issue that you feel, if you feel that blacks are so discriminatory towards whites? What is the impact? What is the equivalence in systematic racism that I'm speaking about.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I knew you'd focus in on my comment about having minority friends, wife, etc. It's why I made it...it's an easy target for someone making a typical complaint. You took the bait like I figured, and that is a shame. And of course my argument differs in attitude than your own...I didn't come in here telling you that black on white racism isn't a problem, but you sure as sh*t told me that white on black racism isn't a problem, lol! This is why I responded to you with personal attacks, because you made some of the dumbest comments I've ever read, but instead of sticking to your guns, you backed out like a coward and tried to make the argument seem like me "missing the point" (which I don't, regardless of what you imply with made up points).

You are trying to "get me to see"...assuming I don't understand your words. I clearly understand what you're saying. The problem is that you aren't allowing any points to exist outside of your own without diminishing them. I can't make a point about more specific racisms and prejudices because you only want to talk about more generalized or more deeply rooted racial issues.

You say that I have a problem accepting history...where exactly did you come up with that? My comments on eradicating racism are coming from someone who wants to see it removed from all sides of the issue...but you maintain that there are more important victims than others..."experiences are not equal"...so you want to see an experienced based priority. To me, that's hilarious...speaking down towards my comment about generally wiping out racism and retorting with that?

You've missed the forest amongst the trees...and you're accusing me of the same fault in a completely illegitimate way (based on my comments so far).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean, I have a better question what is the big racist issue that you feel, if you feel that blacks are so discriminatory towards whites? What is the impact? What is the equivalence in systematic racism that I'm speaking about.

I never equated, on any scale or historic prevalence, black on white racism to white on black racism. How could I? White people had quite a head start on such...quite a longer period of engrained discrimination as the "norm". My point was never TO equate them, my point was that racism is not something you pick and choose which one is more important and try to FIX. It's something that has to be adjusted and removed on an insurmountable level, because it is all originated by deeply rooted prejudices. Racism was born of prejudice...not the other way around...and because all of us still maintain various types of prejudice...its really a no win situation.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I knew you'd focus in on my comment about having minority friends, wife, etc. It's why I made it...it's an easy target for someone making a typical complaint. You took the bait like I figured, and that is a shame. And of course my argument differs in attitude than your own...I didn't come in here telling you that black on white racism isn't a problem, but you sure as sh*t told me that white on black racism isn't a problem, lol! This is why I responded to you with personal attacks, because you made some of the dumbest comments I've ever read, but instead of sticking to your guns, you backed out like a coward and tried to make the argument seem like me "missing the point" (which I don't, regardless of what you imply with made up points).

You are trying to "get me to see"...assuming I don't understand your words. I clearly understand what you're saying. The problem is that you aren't allowing any points to exist outside of your own without diminishing them. I can't make a point about more specific racisms and prejudices because you only want to talk about more generalized or more deeply rooted racial issues.

You say that I have a problem accepting history...where exactly did you come up with that? My comments on eradicating racism are coming from someone who wants to see it removed from all sides of the issue...but you maintain that there are more important victims than others..."experiences are not equal"...so you want to see an experienced based priority. To me, that's hilarious...speaking down towards my comment about generally wiping out racism and retorting with that?

You've missed the forest amongst the trees...and you're accusing me of the same fault in a completely illegitimate way (based on my comments so far).

Please just read the article and then let's discuss.

And yes I'm saying it's absurd to say black on white racism is remotely in the same context as white on black racism, due to the historical legacy of systematic racism, the huge population difference, and the fact that simply put whites are in a far more dominant position thusly to even describe them as being tangential or congruent is absurd to me. If you disagree , then simply tell me why you feel they are remotely similar??? What is similar about the experiences, historically, impact, systematically... Just tell me why you feel there is some sort of equivalence. I'm saying no, black on white racism is not an issue. It is not. And I'm telling you why I feel that way.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I never equated, on any scale or historic prevalence, black on white racism to white on black racism. How could I? White people had quite a head start on such...quite a longer period of engrained discrimination as the "norm". My point was never TO equate them, my point was that racism is not something you pick and choose which one is more important and try to FIX. It's something that has to be adjusted and removed on an insurmountable level, because it is all originated by deeply rooted prejudices. Racism was born of prejudice...not the other way around...and because all of us still maintain various types of prejudice...its really a no win situation.

Of course you do pick and choose. Racism was born of economics, it has nothing to do with simply being prejudice. I really suggest you examine this issue from a more learned area. It didn't and doesn't exist simply because people are prejudice , so no just ending prejudice would not stop racism.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Please just read the article and then let's discuss.

And yes I'm saying it's absurd to say black on white racism is remotely in the same context as white on black racism, due to the historical legacy of systematic racism, the huge population difference, and the fact that simply put whites are in a far more dominant position thusly to even describe them as being tangential or congruent is absurd to me. If you disagree why you feel they are remotely similar??? What is similar about the experiences, historically, impact, systematically... Just tell me why you feel there is some sort of equivalence. I'm saying no, black on white racism is not an issue. And I'm telling you why I feel that way.

This is where you are faltering. I am not saying the experiences of a white person and the experiences of a black person are the same...I am not equating black on white racism to white on black racism. I've explained this already. My original comment, the one that you are still, for some reason, vehemently opposing, is that racism as a WHOLE needs to be stopped...but really can't be because people can't stop themselves from being prejudice. The only reason I even MENTIONED any particular kind of racism is because you made an inference that black on white racism wasn't an issue...and I retorted that it most certainly IS an issue, as is any kind of racism...it's ALL an issue, it's all putrid cowardice...but because you feel one has more historical significance and general existence than another, you place it above the others, as if you feel that only it deserves attention. That is such a narrow minded thought.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Of course you do pick and choose. Racism was born of economics, it has nothing to do with simply being prejudice. I really suggest you examine this issue from a more learned area. It didn't and doesn't exist simply because people are prejudice , so no just ending prejudice would not stop racism.

You very clearly have a limited understanding of the word prejudice then. The scope in which the word is applied, what it encompasses, and the types of things it lead to are absolutely what created racism at it's core. You cannot make an argument against that which would prove me wrong...but you're welcome to try since you feel you have such a higher understanding of it.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
This is where you are faltering. I am not saying the experiences of a white person and the experiences of a black person are the same...I am not equating black on white racism to white on black racism. I've explained this already. My original comment, the one that you are still, for some reason, vehemently opposing, is that racism as a WHOLE needs to be stopped...but really can't be because people can't stop themselves from being prejudice. The only reason I even MENTIONED any particular kind of racism is because you made an inference that black on white racism wasn't an issue...and I retorted that it most certainly IS an issue, as is any kind of racism...it's ALL an issue, it's all putrid cowardice...but because you feel one has more historical significance and general existence than another, you place it above the others, as if you feel that only it deserves attention. That is such a narrow minded thought.

Ok, racism as a whole needs to stop. We agree. What's with all the personal attacks man? Cowardice ....

I'm saying that you should try to understand the problem and it's a wholly different issue than trying to just say people are prejudice. I'm not making an inference , I'm again stating that black on white racism is not an issue. Much like saying littering is not an issue compared to an oil spill. Is it wrong , sure. But it's not the oil spill.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You very clearly have a limited understanding of the word prejudice then. The scope in which the word is applied, what it encompasses, and the types of things it lead to are absolutely what created racism at it's core. You cannot make an argument against that which would prove me wrong...but you're welcome to try since you feel you have such a higher understanding of it.

Prejudice created racism. I think I'm going to let you win now, because you've clearly haven't done any research on the subject. You think people are just prejudice for the h... Of it? Racism is an economic issue and our belief in a zero sum game.

http://time.com/2850595/race-economy/

There are many studies on this looking for the one now that noticed the correlation (inverse relationship) between the decreasing in the price of cotton and the increase in number lynchings. Again I really think you need to do a lot more reading on the subject because you aren't at all arguing from a base scholarship or any actual study on the subject.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, racism as a whole needs to stop. We agree. What's with all the personal attacks man? Cowardice ....

I'm saying that you should try to understand the problem and it's a wholly different issue than trying to just say people are prejudice. I'm not making an inference , I'm again stating that black on white racism is not an issue. Much like saying littering is not an issue compared to an oil spill. Is it wrong , sure. But it's not the oil spill.

So clearly define the issue you are placing at the top of the totem then...let's hear it.

The personal attacks came from YOUR COMMENT that black on white racism was not an issue. Those were your specific words...

Read the article , the fact that you see black on white racism as an issue, if that's what your trying to imply is simply ridiculous.

That is why I made it personal, because you said something absurd and it was truly the only way to respond to such a thought.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Prejudice created racism. I think I'm going to let you win now, because you've clearly haven't done any research on the subject. You think people are just prejudice for the h... Of it? Racism is an economic issue and our belief in a zero sum game.

Study Shows Race Perceptions Are Exaggerated During Economic Trouble

There are many studies on this looking for the one now that noticed the correlation (inverse relationship) between the decreasing in the price of cotton and the increase in number lynchings. Again I really think you need to do a lot more reading on the subject because you aren't at all arguing from a base scholarship or any actual study on the subject.

The fact that you feel that type of racism is the origin story kind of proves my point...you're thinking far too recent. For someone who keeps advising me to essentially "educate myself" on the subject before continuing, you sure could use some of your own advice. It goes back so much further than that. Prejudice created racism. The problem you are having is the same one you're accusing me of doing...you're thinking far too specifically...but given your comments thus far, this isn't surprising.

I'm curious if you even know what the definition of the word prejudice really is.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
The fact that you feel that type of racism is the origin story kind of proves my point...you're thinking far too recent. For someone who keeps advising me to essentially "educate myself" on the subject before continuing, you sure could use some of your own advice. It goes back so much further than that. Prejudice created racism. The problem you are having is the same one you're accusing me of doing...you're thinking far too specifically...but given your comments thus far, this isn't surprising.

I'm curious if you even know what the definition of the word prejudice really is.

Who said its recent? Racism is not new and my comment to you is its a economic issue. The article I picked just to show even today it's true. And I also mentioned the article of cotton prices which was a study from the 1900's.

Where did I ever imply this was new , I said the racism is a function of economics and the belief in a zero sum game. Prejudice is not the cause of racism , prejudice is a symptom of this basic human view of the owrld, in order for me to have, you must not have. Being that humans are social we congregate with those who are closest to us to acquire resources , but prejudice against those who are not to avoid sharing those resources. Who said this psychology is new, as I stated you need to really study this subject more and hear what I'm saying.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So clearly define the issue you are placing at the top of the totem then...let's hear it.

The personal attacks came from YOUR COMMENT that black on white racism was not an issue. Those were your specific words...

That is why I made it personal, because you said something absurd and it was truly the only way to respond to such a thought.

Black on white racism is not an issue, I'm saying it again, please address why you feel it is. It is not absurd I made it very clear, due to the contextual and historical power dynamic in the US to imply it is, is to me crazy. Blacks simply do not have the power influence, the numbers, or the medium to adversely effect whites in the the same systematic way that whites have the ability to effect blacks. It's like a man complaining his wife hits him, ok, what damage can she honestly do to you. Further, how does my comment make it OK or even rational for you to make a personal attack, did my comment personally attack you?

It's not about a totem, again, I'll explain its an ism, it simply is the way the culture in the US has evolved.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Can we close this thread? It's way off topic and has turned into a racial feeding frenzy.. Sad that a few can ruin it for the many.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Can we close this thread? It's way off topic and has turned into a racial feeding frenzy.. Sad that a few can ruin it for the many.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

Oh poppycock, trying to shut people up is not the American way. Let the people speak and be heard!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to make this simple because honestly, I don't care enough to continue discussion on the history of slavery and racism with a person who cannot accept any view outside of his own. I shared a very general and basic opinion initially...one that said racism of any kind needs to be stopped, but before it can, people have to work on prejudices.

You've stated a few times now that black on white racism is not a problem...you said it is because blacks don't have the power influence. I'm curious why you continue to feel that one type of racism is more important than another in the context of a discussion where all that was originally said was it all needs to stop...but you continue to try and convince me that one type of racism is not as legitimate as another. That white's shouldn't be concerned about racism against them from black people because black people don't really have that much influence...but as a person who has maintained a distaste for ALL racism and a wish that it would ALL stop, I still can't understand why you keep pushing for me to accept your decision to give varying types of racism a hierarchy...to me, the ONLY thing I give two sh*ts about is people stopping it as a whole.

Your responses are full of double standards...and I don't buy into that. You are telling me that one is not as important as another, because "experiences are not the same". You made this clear with the example of a man being hit by a woman. This defines you and your comments. Tunnel vision at it's finest, and it makes debating things with you like this pointless, because you cannot adhere to even a remotely common standard of right and wrong. Your idea that some people can be considered worse victims of the same crime than others is laughable...a white man should not be offended by racism from a black man because the black man doesn't have as much overall influence? Give me a f*#king break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW