Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So say that. You called his opinion immature. That's name calling. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's considered name calling? I called him/her out for posting an incorrect comment. Nothing personal.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think people can find jobs, only problem is the quality. Sure you'll take a massive pay cut, but you'll have a job.

Guess for me, I always live in a way that's less than what I make. Just in case I go under, I could still scrimp by.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think people can find jobs, only problem is the quality. Sure you'll take a massive pay cut, but you'll have a job.

Guess for me, I always live in a way that's less than what I make. Just in case I go under, I could still scrimp by.

Yeah, there are jobs out in South Dakota in the oil and gas industry that start out at $16+/hr. You just have to be willing to relocate and work hard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, there are jobs out in South Dakota in the oil and gas industry that start out at $16+/hr. You just have to be willing to relocate and work hard.

I retired at age 52. My Wife says I don't know what work is anymore. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I retired at age 52. My Wife says I don't know what work is anymore. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

If I have the opportunity to retire that young, I'm going for a second retirement! I have a second cousin in Florida that retired from three jobs for the city and county, and then got elected county commissioner.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't say that, I specifically got that from people from New Orleans. It is true. At least from the black people I have talked to. I can't say the same for anyone else.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

The person I referenced IS black. And he's from New Orleans. He doesn't say it, rendering your comment inaccurate. You said it yourself "at least from the black people I have talked to...", you've apparently not talked to all of them, so why lump all of them together? They obviously don't ALL have the same sentiment.

That's like me saying "Black people hate white people.", and then someone saying "That's not true, I'm black and don't hate white people." and me retorting "Well, the black people I know hate white people."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And some people like to pretend miraculously because they say its so race doesn't exist, the fact that you have to so adamantly profess how by your infinite wisdom and non-existent evidence that race isn't an issue.

I never ONCE said race wasn't an issue. The comment was made "anyone that was in new orleans will tell you they blame bush"...and I provided evidence that this wasn't true.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The person I referenced IS black. And he's from New Orleans. He doesn't say it, rendering your comment inaccurate. You said it yourself "at least from the black people I have talked to...", you've apparently not talked to all of them, so why lump all of them together? They obviously don't ALL have the same sentiment.

That's like me saying "Black people hate white people.", and then someone saying "That's not true, I'm black and don't hate white people." and me retorting "Well, the black people I know hate white people."

Anecdote for anecdote I suppose.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, you were flat out wrong.
In a survey conducted of 680 evacuees taken to various shelters in the Houston area, a vast number of respondents, a full 70%, faulted President George W. Bush and the Federal Government for their handling of the problem, while 58% and 53% blamed Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin respectively. Sixty eight percent felt the response would have been quicker if those trapped had been white and wealthier and 61% indicated that they felt the government did not care about them. Ninety-three percent of the respondents were African-Americans.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Katrina-thrusts-race-and-poverty-onto-national-2606416.php

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You are correct. Majority of the people can not find work.. Thanks to Democratic policies.....

This is a complete myth. The way unemployment has been calculated is the same , for almost 100 years, all of sudden now the government must be lying. Please stop do you hear yourselves, again, it goes back to my original argument. Obama must be mistrusted instead of just admitting the guy has done a damn good job... It must be a lie.

The job situation in America has improved dramatically from the time he took office. And if people can't find jobs now it's because they sure as h.... Must just be lazy because the complaint now by employers is they have more jobs than qualified candidates.

So let's just stop the BS. The guy has done well here.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Have you had to take a massive pay cut. I keep hearing about some imaginary person that seems to be no one here???

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

So this just proves my point further...70% is not 100%. But read into those numbers a bit, they combined those who blamed Bush AND the federal government together...the "administration"...curious what numbers you'd be looking at broke down between those who just blame the government (probably much higher) and those who specifically blame Bush himself. People tend to blame the government for pretty much everything...everywhere...at any time.

Also, where did your quote come from? Didn't appear to be in the article you quoted.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So this just proves my point further...70% is not 100%. But read into those numbers a bit, they combined those who blamed Bush AND the federal government together...the "administration"...curious what numbers you'd be looking at broke down between those who just blame the government (probably much higher) and those who specifically blame Bush himself.

Also, where did your quote come from? Didn't appear to be in the article you quoted.
The stats come from the article, the entirety if he quote comes from Wikipedia forgot to source it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The stats come from the article, the entirety if he quote comes from Wikipedia forgot to source it.

Criticism of government response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So your own article proves my point...70% of the surveyed reported they blamed either Bush or the Government in general (no break down given in either source). Given the total number of effected people, that is less than 30% of those who went through hurricane Katrina IN New Orleans.

So of a relatively small sample size of people, just under 3/4th's of them blamed the government or Bush.

Your original comment was inaccurate...which was my only point. My friend who I cited earlier, certainly DOES blame the government for the slow response (and he worked for/with them before, during and after the hurricane).

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So your own article proves my point...70% of the surveyed reported they blamed either Bush or the Government in general (no break down given in either source). Given the total number of effected people, that is less than 30% of those who went through hurricane Katrina IN New Orleans.

So of a relatively small sample size of people, just under 3/4th's of them blamed the government or Bush.

Your comment was inaccurate...which was my only point. My friend who I cited earlier, certainly DOES blame the government for the slow response (and he worked for/with them before, during and after the hurricane).

Hundreds of people blame Bush and you dismiss it? That is how a poll works, you take a sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox